Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yesterday I was at The Beach -

- so why am I at work today? Not to mention, it's about 30 degrees hotter here. 105 Farenheit and it rained this morning! And it was hot! Hot! Bah.


But, the interesting stuff. First destination: Yarndogs in Los Gatos. Very friendly, nice selection. I picked up some yarn for a Log Cabin and some dpn's (thankfully, because it turned out that I needed them for the I-Cord on The Shell.)

Sophie even managed to pose nicely (she's Perpetual Motion). She didn't pull all the skeins out of the bins either, something I took for granted at the time, but after she emptied my yarn bag of yarn balls a few times over the weekend, I've come to realize that she and Hezekiah feel that yarn should be displayed. Displayed or dragged across the floor and thoroughly killed.

"What? I wouldn't dream of of doing anything bad! I'm too adorable." (Also, please let me know if these pictures are not adorable as I'm only allowed to post adorable pictures of BFF's puppy.)

The Shell at The Beach. The neckline is finished (except grafting the ends together). BFF feels that I should do the armhole I-Cord edging to "finish it" but I say it looks fabulous as is. Because I am lazy.

But I did knit the I-Cord pretty tightly on the right side of the neckline "learning" the process and I'm debating if I should rip the whole thing out and do it right. (And I'm only contemplate doing this because it did knit a whole lot faster when I got going on it.) Argh. I'll probably end up redoing it and doing the armholes. WTH, right? Might as well do it right.

Doesn't that look heavenly? Other than sunburnt shoulders (evidently I haven't mastered the art of the Spray Sunblock) it was so much fun. We did the 17 Mile Drive too. There were a lot more houses and buildings than I remember from the last time I was there. Pictures of a bunch of sea lions masquerading as logs on the beach to come.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog defines cuteness.

I-cord is really a wonderful thing - once you get going on it & hit your stride. I just hate the starting & ending!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Beautiful beach - and that last pic of the dog is super adorable. But with all that fur she makes me think she's got to be really hot!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ah, the beach looks wonderful. Yeah and what was with the rain and yet it's still freakin' hot weather we're having?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous, that looks absolutely lovely. And the knitting looks good to.

I am waiting in eager anticipation for the sea lions, I've never seen one on the beach natural before!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful beach and very cute pup.

I admire all you high-class knitters who re-do things to make them better. I should take lessons. :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Your doggy is adorable! I've read several times now, that dogs got into the yarn baskets and even destroyed some knitted stuff. I've never ever expirenced this with my dogs and my house is full of open baskets and boxes with yarn. I guess I'm very lucky! ;o)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Damn, that is one cute puppy! And if you do the I-cord finishing, do a tutorial! 'Cause I really suck at it...
:)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Oh the beach would have been heaven! I just want to go camp in the high country till this passes, but someone has to stick around and water and feed the critters! You might want to make sure your edging doesn't interfere with pulling the top over your head... I tend to use single crochet for the neck and armholes, but will have to give I-cord a try. What kind of dogs are the cute little moppets?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Ditto what Brigitte said! I've never done, what do you call it, an applied I-cord?

That Sophie is so cute, but strange. What puppy doesn't run around pulling at all the "tug ropes" and balls?

3:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Rip and redo and the armholes, too - otherwise you'll be grumbling about it every time you wear the shell!!

The beach is gorgeous - ahhhh...

5:24 AM  
Blogger Not An Artist said...

Oh, that beach is gorgeous! And what a perfect combo: knitting and beaching. Lovely!

11:57 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

tell BFF that any pic of her doggy is adorable. looks like the three of you had a terrific time..

6:04 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The pictures look like it was an all around good day for everyone - visiting a yarn store & the beach in the same trip - wonderful! :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Aw cute Sophie! Ouch on the sunburn - I found that you have to rub in the spray on sunblock so it is really effective.

12:02 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Serously, that is such a cute dog!

Did I hear, another log cabin blanket is in your future?

6:42 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:11 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I really like the shop window ;o) You should get Sophie to pose like that next time! She really is a darling little girl ;o)

4:12 PM  
Blogger insaknitty said...

that dog is too cute! so, is it called yarn dogs because it's dog-friendly? a friend and I were thinking of stopping by there this weekend, actually. did you like it? thanks, too, for the nice comment over on my blog! :)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home