Monday, July 03, 2006

August Birthday Swap Questions



I can't find the blog where I originally found this book cover of a cat, so if it's your childhood favorite book of poems written in Polish, let me know! Google wasn't much help other than I have a ton of Polish poetry sources now.

I don't know why it is, but whenever I see a black cat, I think of Chaos.

And onto the August Birthday Swap questions. (And that's all for this post, so if you're not entertained by swap questions, you might want to head to another blog now, FYI)

What day is your birthday?
August 14th!

Are you crafty?
Very crafty, if not very accomplished. Needlework mostly, knitting, sewing, embroidery.

Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and embellishments?
Buttons and stitchmarkers.

Do you dye your own wool?
Nope.

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?
Not really.

What small project would you be interested in making? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc
Socks, mittens (I owe Ann 6 for her charity drive, but that's in October. Plenty of time. Plenty. Until there isn't...), scarves, hat, washcloths.

What are your favorite scents?
Since I have both allergies & migraines, I'm not a big fan of scent.

Do you like stationary and cards?
I do!

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?
Not so much. The allergies & migraine thing.

Do you like to sew or embroider items?
Love to.

Do you like beads?
I do, but I've never actually beaded much of anything.

What kind of mail-able snacks do you like to eat?
Shortbread, cheetos (I'm on a cheeto kick right now, thanks to Ooo Baby Knits aka Michelle).

Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc. I'm not much of a jewelry girl unless you count watches.

Do you like to play cards or board games?
I like them but I don't play much. (Scrabble & Crazy Eights are my faves)

What are your favorite colors of yarn?
Natural colors but I'm trying to branch out.

Do you like solid, variegated, heathers, or self stripping yarns?
All of the above.

Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?
I tend to lose them.

Do you like picture frames?
No, I like my pictures loose in a box so you can shuffle through them quickly.

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?
I love to use stitchmarkers. I haven't attempted to make any yet.

Do you collect anything?
Books. Yarn. Neighborhood cats.

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc..
My allergies tend to run to flowers and perfumes these days.

Do you have any hobbies?
Knitting. Reading. Sleeping.

Are you a fiber snob?
I am. This was borne in rather strongly on me lately when I've been knitting that dratted Critter Blanket in Red Heart. I don't have anything against the yarn itself, it's just so darn hard to knit. Elann's Peruvian wool is fairly inexpensive and I love that stuff. I just can't knit happily with synthetic yarns. Darn, darn, darn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love that book cover!! Thanks for posting it!!

Hee hee - Chaos is like a meme. He infiltrates your brain. :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh - you have the same hobbies as me! LOL!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Obsidian Kitten said...

what a great book cover!

i think every black cat IS Chaos.

well, unless it's Isis, of course. ;)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home