Monday, July 03, 2006

Saturday sky, posted Monday morning.


Those two birds were chasing each other all over the place, that was about the clearest shot I was able to take. It was a weekend of chasing, the squirrels were racing around the eucalyptus & pine trees, the blue jay was chasing the mourning doves aways from the bird bath, the cats were chasing everyone. (you can click on the pic to make it bigger and see the flying birds a little better).




Is that not the cutest little red car? I didn't get any of the details on it sadly.




I'm beginning to loathe knitting. If this wasn't for homeless puppies & kittens and dogs & cats (and rabbits and whatnot) I'd heave it into the river. At least it's been logs and two colors. I can hardly wait to pick up the Big Critter blanket, with its endless off white stockinette stitch. On the plus side, I think I'm going to break even with the skein of Red Heart! For a while there I thought it was the unending Skein of Despair but it looks like the Log Cabin Tile will either use up the whole thing, or come pretty darn close. And I'm almost done. One last log and the mitered border. I really, really, really wanted to finish it Saturday, and then Sunday but alas.



Hezekiah helping.





Nothing to add to the Summer Reading, I'm slogging through Intrigue & Treason: the Tudor Court 1547-1558 by David Loades and while he places his footnotes at the end of the chapter, it's not much of a help. It also reads somewhat as an overview of his other Tudor books, there's more self referential footnotes than I've seen anywhere else. I can almost hear him chiding me for not reading the rest of his books before diving into this one. An odd slant. Why is it that 300 pages of non fiction takes me approximately a week to read whereas I can rip through a 300 page novel in a night?

Not much in the way of TV. I tried to watch Kyle XY the other night on ABC but I think I'm way too old to find clueless teen boys the slightest bit interesting. It's kind of a take off on the John Doe sci fi series, except that instead of washing up on a beach with no memory but an idiot savant encyclopedia of a mind, Kyle seems to know nothing at all. Maybe he did by the end of the show. I gave up after about 20 minutes.

The 4400 was pretty good. Thank heaven they didn't kill of Maia, but I've got to say, the future of humanity aren't doing such a hot job. Did they pick those people out randomly? Is there a purpose for any of it? I thought Isabella was The Way? She's getting on my nerves. I wish TV executives/storywriters would get the word - omnipotent beings manifested flesh is passe. Sunday nights at 9pm. I couldn't stay awake for the Dead Zone. Psych on Friday night after Monk on USA looks like an entertaining premise. USA is my new channel until the Stargates start up again on the SciFi channel July 14th.

The Closer is on tonight, but I'll be at a play. Two plays this week! Restoration Comedy at the California Shakespeare Festival on Wednesday and......something tonight at the new Martinez Theater. How bad is it that I have no idea? I mean, I knew at the time.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Tell me. Does Stargate SG1 get better after the first season, because the first season... yeah.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

That's exactly what I was thinking while knitting the big blanket plus the fact that I would embarass myself after going on about it. I even considered giving her $ to buy one from the store ;-)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I hear you on the meh TV... if it wasn't for my digital box. And the Little Dudes entertainment value...

So glad I'm not the only one who wants to cry while working st stitch. But - the little animals! I think I'll be checking out the Toronto Humane Society site to see if I can make some donations.

2:25 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I'm not sure how Kay, from mason-dixon knitting (or ist it Ann), has stomached knitting so many of the log-cabin blankets. I find them fascinating for the first few parts of the block and then eventually so boring to knit that I ripped out the one I was working on. Obviously you have much better stick-to-it-iveness that I do. The blanket does look nice though.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, I have about an inch left on my 24" critter comforter. Doubled Encore on 13s - yeah, baby! I started it Saturday morning and didn't touch it yesterday or today (so far).

2:52 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Self referential ... that's how I felt with the last Balzac. So much had gone before in his stories and I hadn't read them yet the translator kept referring to them. ***CV

6:44 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I haven't been able to get into mosaic knitting, although I think the log cabin pattern looks fab!

I watched The Closer tonight. I have to watch the late showing because hubbie can't stand it.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an excellent car! Definetly the anti-SUV (actually you could probably put that in the back of many SUVs...)

Hang in there with the knitting! :-)

7:35 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

cute Hez! That is sad about the knitting, but the project is so far along already! In the same vein -I'm beginning to worry my knitted squares aren't going to add up to anything.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm about 90% certain that's a 1956 BMW Isetta Bubble-Window Convertible...

1:38 PM  
Blogger Obsidian Kitten said...

i love pics of Hez! she is like a big teddy bear. with (c)attitude.

my vote is still out on Psych...had moments of truly funny, moments of truly stupid. i need another episode to decide.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home