Tuesday, June 06, 2006

*Accept Your Probable Mediocrity...

I found..........some knitted item yesterday hidden in a closet. I have no idea what it was supposed to be. A blanket? A sweater? Since it's 36 inches wide, and apparently the back piece, not even Santa Claus, the Jolly Green Giant, for the love of Mike, would ever be able to wear it. So, with some modifications (like fixing some of the most egregious errors - dropped stitches mostly - apparently I've always dropped stitches with wild abandon - nowadays I notice) and a sewn on backing (let's just say that the size 13 needles - plastic, mind you - is not what the yarn calls for), it's going to become a dog bed for Basil & Abner's Critter Charity Drive.

The shell of the twinset continues its slow progress. (Notice how it's become the shell's fault.) Maybe if I hadn't spent the vast majority of the day yesterday laying in the back yard trying to identify the wind whistling through specific trees - the eucaplyptus? the pines? the palms seem to be the only one that don't stand out - but I felt that it was the best use of my time. Also? Fabulous. Now I want to go lay on the beach and listen to the ocean.

The Rowan Wool Cotton continues to Not Arrive. (I did check & its on its way. Yup, the yarn is in the mail. I've heard something like that before. Where? Where?)


Here are a couple more pix from the North Berkeley Solano Ave Chalk & Chocolate Festival last month:





And, just to show off the glads (ignore the geraniums, the cactus; the onions in the foreground) in the back yard - last year I don't think a single one bloomed:



Becky of Moonlight Frogger sent me the Red Dress Washcloth - (pic to come) there's a purled heart over the heart on the dress! for my mother, who loved it. My mother lost both her parents to heart disease in their early 50's and has heart troubles herself. (Sadly, this last statement has sent my whacked out brain into an 80's loop of bad love songs. Someone stop it. Please!)

Oh! If you're in California, make sure you go and vote YES on Prop 81 today. Whether or not you patronize libraries (and why don't you?), they need a fighting chance to survive in this increasingly wired age.

8 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Hey, why no pic of the unidentifiable item? Isn't it fun finding old stuff like that? Makes us question our sanity ;-)

Yay ... Be positive! It'll be here soon.

No, no, no! The 80's produced the best songs!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day... If only I could do that without the bugs eating me alive :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Love the pics of the gladiolas! One of my favorite farmers market buys is 30 stalks of glads for $10 - then the fun is rounding up enough vases to house them all. :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Some days are just meant for listening to the wind. It does wonders for the disposition.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yep, libraries are getting downright puny in their offerings lately. It's pitiful.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, clever use of said unidentified, unphotographed object (hint, hint).

Sending luck to your libraries out there. I was just at the new Minneapolis Central Library downtown today and was realizing how blessed we are.

7:14 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Beautiful garden! Heh - the puppies and kitties will be admiring your unidentified knitting on texture and warmth ;o) Great use of it!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Har har! The 'eh, what was that?' school of knitting. You're my kind of gal!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home