Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Kite Festival

From the Solano Ave Chalk & Chocolate Street Fair:












(Click on the pic - it reads: And despite the fireball hurtling towards earth, IT WAS GOOD.)


Check out Rebekah's blog for her Charity Pet Drive, if you haven't already.

Aren't these the cutest? An ivory cat and a chocolate lab from Moonstruck Chocolates. So cute I can't bring myself to eat them. Yet.


Gah. That cable looks wonky in the pic, and after checking closely IRL, looks wonky period. Bad word, bad word. I'd crossed the cable right instead of left during the kite-watching, but dropped the stitches and fixed the cable (so exciting!) except I think I crossed it on the purl side. Okay, I know perfectly well I crossed it on the purl side but I thought it didn't matter. Silly me. At least the back is done.








Kite flying shenanagans and the Flying Gecko:



I survived the Benedryl but had to have three cups of coffee to get going this morning.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That kite gecko is awesome!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, those chocolates are so cute! AND I bet they're tasty, too. :)

Wow, I have never seen kites like that before.

6:28 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Wow - that kite is HUGE (and very very green)

The chocolates are adorable - too bad about the cable, but the chocolate and the coffee have gotta help ;o)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

LOVE the chocolates! I still not buying the fancy chocolates when I was at the Bellagio.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

If you haven't eaten them, my address is ...

Woah, the kite flying looks like fun.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool kites! One of my first jobs was working in a kite store...many moons ago.

Those chocolates are too cute to be eaten! Well...

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sympathies about the Benadryl. I've had that sluggish Benadryl morning many times myself. Looks like a fun day!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you can't eat them, I'll take them. Wait. What time is it? (lookingt watch) Well, nevermind, you probably couldn't get them here in time.

Love the kite.

I am having a panini tonight. And maybe gelato.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kite flying looks like fun. And those chocolates, they sure would be hard to eat.

thanks for mentioning my drive on your blog!

1:37 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The chocoloates look so fun - & I'm sure they're super yummy too! :) Your package is in the mail. :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

Wow! What a cool gecko kite! I'd love one of those!

Hmm... yummy chocolate... I'll eat them after looking at them for quite a while and shooting pics of them, too.

6:12 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Great pics!

As for the cable - according to the host of Knitty Gritty, it's not a mistake, it's a design feature. (I feel so corny quoting that).

7:27 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Oh eat the chocolates. But then my mom doesn't like burning shaped candles and gets rather worried when I come to visit, 'cause I love burning candles ;)

I live about four blocks from Moonstruck and can fix you up if you like :)***CV

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

What a fantastic kite! That looks a hella load of fun to fly!
Please don't eat the chocolate lab! Send it to me, send it to me!
The cable looks fine - remember the three foot rule (if someone notices it from three feet away, poke them in the eye!).

10:17 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

Jay is funny - 3 ft rule!
gekko kite is way cool. Choc's are too pretty to eat.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home