Sunday, May 07, 2006

So Much Work, So Little to Show For It

I pulled out my copy of Lalla Ward's Beastly Knits for the Cat Chasing a Mouse sweater and while googling her found - she was Romana II from Dr. Who in 1979-81! Okay, that's just cool. Dr. Who is my new fave show. I can't believe I was never forced introduced to Dr. Who previously. God knows I've watched every other lame interesting concept, hideous execution fascinating sci fi show. At any rate, isn't that sweater great?

Stupid autoflash. I can't figure out how to turn it off. I can't figure out how to get my watch to stop beeping every hour on the hour either.



















Yesterday I ziploc'd all my yarn (mostly)and rearranged the stash. Hopefully it'll help me keep a better idea of what I've got. Except. Well, I maybe sorta kinda ordered enough of Elsabeth Lavold's Hempathy (in off white) last week to knit up Eliz I and then kinda sorta maybe ordered online this morning enough Rowan Wool Cotton (in Rich) for it too. Just in case.

In the meantime, I did actually do a swatch for Eliz. Sadly I counted out the stitches I needed for the largest cable figuring.................ARGH! Blogger just ate my post. Too many references for it? Oh, forget it, I'll recap it tomorrow. It involved me bagging my stash and frogging my cable sweater and finishing a UFO. Oh, now Blogger doesn't want to add the pictures back eh? Argh. Again.

Sweet dreams, y'all.

11 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

Oh, that's so cool! I love Doctor Who!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, at least you were being productive! Don't worry, you're not the only one who doesn't know how to turn off the autoflash ;-)

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love Dr. Who! I watched the Dr. Who's with Tom Baker years ago - this is a great incarnation. :)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I've heard the new Dr. Who is good, but haven't had time to watch. We just discovered Battlestar Galactica. Have I mentioned that we've been out of it for the last, say, 4 years?

7:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is a very fun sweater! I have a whole booklet of cat sweaters that I found in the thrift store a while back...

Argh to blogger. Argh.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Who is the best, I love the Tom Baker episodes, and after those, these new ones have to be my favorite.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Ok...you aren't going to believe this. I saw Romona at a Dr. Who festival when I was a kid, but I am not sure it was that one. It looks like her though.

I remember she was very anti-Star Trek, but very nice.

I think I have her autograph somewhere.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Dr.Who too! That sweater is too funny! Did you happen to see the insanely long Dr. Who scarf that I knitted and finished during the UFOlympics? That was such a huge project!

PS- Thanks for the kind words the other day when I was feeling overwhelmed.

6:06 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Lets all sic our autoflash on Blogger :o) j/k -- I can't (don't know how!) turn mine off on this little camera either.

Fun sweaters and great yarn shopping! Do you want your brother's sloth softie to be velvet, felt, or fur? I've got to start thinking about making him -- since my grey velvet turned out to be all sparkly...

8:54 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

well. cheapie we buy (blogger is free) cheapie we get. the price is right.

i bought 3 sets of yarn for one project one time... we want to be sure that when we feel like starting, we've got the right yarn!

10:53 PM  
Blogger BeanMama said...

Just have to comment -- I have both of Lalla Ward's knitting books, Beastly knits and I forget the other's name now but it's all birds. Similar to the Beastly book. I love some of the designs, they're great!

And I'm dying to see how your Elizabeth I comes out, 'cause it's high on my must-knit list as well!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home