Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The fabled gauge swatch for the mythic Twinset. Which I really, really, really am going to knit, especially since I've now done the swatch, am right on in gauge and have an idea of what Lily Chin was talking about. But Jennifer's right, that is an awful lot of I-Cord. Cool! Soon I can despise it as much as everyone does. I've never done I-cord for a pattern. And just in time to compete w/Elizabeth I in the Tudor Roses KAL. And wouldn't Jennifer's project at the Anti-Craft be perfect with it? All in the Family too!

Here's a fun little geography quiz that I manged to get about half right on. Hate that. I think I know something and then whammo. Proof that I'm an idiot.

I bought all sorts of balls of yarn over the weekend to swatch for Eliz I. No Hempathy though, I couldn't find any. I just don't want it to be too hot to wear around here. What do you want to bet I'll like the Rowan Cotton Wool the best, since it's undoubtedly the most expensive? I want to order Bogbean from the Virtual yarn site, just to see what the color is.

I'm putting off reading Pride & Prejudice because I just re-read it when the Kiera Knightly movie came out. Instead I'm reading Fairy Tale by Alice Thomas Ellis. I see why they repackaged the book - that cover is a bit disturbing.

And just for Poetry Tuesday, another poem by Marina Ivanova Tsetaeva

Go find yourself naive women friends
Who haven't checked miracles by number.
I know that Venus was produced by hand,
I'm a craftsman, I know the craft:
From the highest solemn muteness
Down to the thorough degradation of the soul:
Here's the whole divine staircase -- from:
My breath -- to: do not breathe
!

18 June 1922



6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Have you thought about using one of those hand-cranked i-cord makers? There was one at my SnB last month. It's not real versatile, but I was a miserable failure at i-cording.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh swatching, you know it's something I've never been good about. I-cord, I can't say I hate it, can't say I love it, it just is what it is. Isn't that profound.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you can be a perfectly intelligent person and not be good at geography. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)
My argument is that I've never needed to know the locations of places I've never been, so it's hard to convince myself to remember them...

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't hate i-cord yet - I say yet, because I haven't done it extensively - but boy, is my i-cord sloppy.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I-cord improves with practice. Pulling the first stitches on the needle tight helps. It's sort of zen, actually - and it's what I used during phase one of learning how to knit and read.

6:33 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

good luck on your swatching -- the colour looks nice ;o) I know what you mean about the temperatures -- I am dreading 80-90 degree days here and at the same time telling myself I should knit more wool socks ;oP

I'm gathering the materials for Mr.Sloth -- last weekend was awful for project making :O(

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home