Sunday, April 23, 2006

You Are Furry Boots
They're not just boots. They're your dancing shoes!
Okay, Ann, what did you do? Yes, you. There is no way I'm those boots.
The Wikpedia search meme on my birthdate yields the following interesting facts (okay, interesting to me at least):
Events:
1040 - King Duncan I of Scotland is killed in battle against his cousin and successor Macbeth. (cool).
1842 - Indian Wars: Second Seminole War ends, with the Seminoles forced from Florida to Oklahoma. (oh, lovely)
1893 - France introduces motor vehicle registration. (See? The French are Evil.)
1936- Rainey Bethea is hanged in Owensboro, Kentucky in the last public execution in the United States. (A black man hanged by a white woman)
1994 - Ilich Ramírez Sánchez, the terrorist known as "Carlos the Jackal", is captured.
Birthdays:
1473 - Margaret Pole, 8th Countess of Salisbury, daughter of George, Duke of Clarence (d. 1541)
1771 - Sir Walter Scott. Scottish historical novelist and poet (d. 1832)
1851 - Doc Holliday, American gambler and gunfighter (d. 1887)
1865 - Guido Castelnuovo, Italian mathematician (d. 1952)
1926 - Lina Wertmüller, Italian film director
1941 - David Crosby, American guitarist and songwriter
Holidays
United States- National Code talkers Day
Hmm. My birthday isn't listed as a National Holiday. For me. Odd.


No pics. I'm at work, killing time until the freeway clears and then off to play. Can you believe that on my first day back to work I was expected to WORK? Honestly.

Also no pics because I'm basically knitting four rows of the prarie shawl and then ripping it back. I did have the momentous awe inspiring once in a lifetime miraculous act of fixing a lace stitch by dropping stitches and knitting them back up yesterday - only the stitches involved! Not 800 freaking rows!!! But to make up for it, six rows later I've picked up a stitch somewhere. I know all I have to do is rip back to the added stitch, but honestly. Shouldn't there be a limit to how many times this can happen on a single project? It's not like I'm close to being done either. (Or ever, at this rate.)

Too bad I didn't get a pic of Hezekiah carefully pulling out each and every "cake" of yarn out of my Sonora yarn store bag last night. And by "carefully", I mean with as much rattling of paper and noise as felinely possible, with the occasional hanging of herself on the bag handles. I tried to help, but she got quite indignant.

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh, love the mental image of H and the bag. Been there!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

If you are ever depressed a cat + a paper bag is the right prescription. Or a hairless cat in a sweater (if you need to laugh so hard you pee yourself). Don't ask. :)

I've been meaning to do one of those birthday meme's myself. Congrats on being born on the same day as Margaret Pole. :)

Threaten the prairie shawl with a time out. If that doesn't work just curse alot - I find Medieval or Shakespearian curses to be the most frightening and effective when dealing with knitwear. ;)

Of course you know I'm talking total bosh as usual!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My cat knocked over an entire basket of knitting stuff last night from atop a shelf unit by leaping into the air after a toy...He was very surprised.:P

9:58 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I always think my birthday (August) would be a perfect national holiday since there isn't one in my birthday month. But no one seems to agree with me on that.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I do, Theresa! My birthday's in August. Or, as I like to refer to it: Future National Holiday.

The shawl seems immune to cursing, worse luck.

If it was Chaos, we'd have a pic. I'm a bad kitty photog. I lazily refused to get out of bed to fetch the camera.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...you dropped down stitches and fixed a boo-boo in lace? I bow to your knitting prowess.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I agree there ought to be a limit on how much ripping anyone should have to do on one project. We should appeal to the Knitting Gods on this. Especially since I had to rip the neck on Hervor for the fifth or sixth time last night. Sheesh.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Not An Artist said...

I for one feel that everyone's birthday should be a national holiday!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

How cool that you have a Macbeth connection!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

Happy birthday!

Lace just needs to be threatened sometimes to make it behave. I myself just gave up on fixing everything, and go with the "If you're that close you better be putting money in my garter" philosophy.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only WISH my old cat (20) had the energy of H and the curiousity to still look in bags. I did laugh out loud imagining the scene. Great visual!

11:41 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

oh, cat in the bag, yarn bag! what a sight!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home