Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Migraines Are Good for Something...

My little helper.

At least I was forced to go home and crash for a few hours. Finally looked through the Vogue Knitting and Knitter's Magazine magazines, there were even a couple of patterns I'd like to make and wear. Why do I love lace lately? Got my copy of Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers in the mail too (oh, get this - Amazon said it was shipped March 30th with an expected arrival date of May 3rd - because Richmond is so very, very far from Concord evidently. But maybe when they moved the clocks forward they didn't just skip an hour but a month, because I got it yesterday, April 4th.)

Cute stuff. It doesn't look like it has much that isn't in her Knitted Embellishments book or patterns that I haven't seen in magazines - that dratted Floral Bag is in it - I just know that one day I'm going to break down and knit it (it's cute! but oh so very inappropriate).

I'm down to the last couple of repeats on the Adamas Shawl - Mim, look away - I just last night realized that I'm knitting the shawl from the top down. I was looking at the edging chart (yes! I'm that close to finishing!) trying to figure out - do I need to pick up stitches? Can I just skip it? when it dawned on me - top down. I knew I shouldn't have started it when I didn't have time to actually knit it. I mean, basically that's all I've done is knit it. Didn't really have any time to look at it and it deserves so much more attention, it's so pretty!

That's a picture of one of my egregious errors I was going to attempt to drop stitches and fix, before I came to my senses.

I've been listening to a cassette of Moll Flanders on the way into work - the reader has such a lovely voice, she's really helped me get into the book - and the book takes getting into. All those capitalizations! (Even if I do it all the time. That's so different). The peculiar language (well, it was written a couple of centuries ago, but every time I read "stile" I don't think "style") - I love the lovely footnotes at the *gasp!* foot of the page (I hate loathe and despise having to flip to the back of the book to read a footnote that half the time is only a citation anyway). Moll sounds like a fun girl despite herself. Oh, the trying circumstances of fate when one only wants to Be Good. And Not Starve.

House was on last night, NCIS too, but I taped them both and slept. There's a show called Bloodlines: Technology Hits Home on PBS tonight that looks interesting (reproductive issues, developmental biology and genetic testing), but mainly there is LOST. Now that I've given up on trying to make sense of it, I'm enjoying it a lot more. However! I've deciphered what the numbers mean. C.A.S.H. C.O.W.

And CSI-NY, of course.

Dr. Who was part one of two last Friday. Grrr. The one 6pm Stargate SG1 I've gotten to see lately was also a part one, Jolinar's Memories. I'd rather miss part one and see part two, you know? I've probably got it on DVD but.....I'd rather complain and whine. It just comes to me so naturally.


Nice article on MSN.Wife, Shall I Compare Thee To A Donkey?. Well, why not. My husbands compare favorably to asses.

Get Your Slogan Here
Mine?

Just for the Taste of Tiredness

Wow. Appropriate. Back to the Salt Mines.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Cashcow... *giggle* Love it!

House was pretty good last night.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Your post gave me a much needed laugh today. :)

But I still hold it against you that you never told me that Robert Sean Leonard was on House! Hello! I still have a crush on him from the Dead Poets Society Days. :)

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my head is killing me today, I so need to go home. To bad that won't happen for another 2 hours and 20 minutes. Ugh, why can't I knit/spin 8 hours and work 2.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee. The first shawl I knit was top down, and I ripped it back three times because I thought it was shaped funny. Finally I just stuck with it, and all of a sudden...ohhhhh. I get it!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

The shawl looks nice! I've been thinking about doing that one, but it will probably be the Wool Peddler's shawl from Folk Shawls instead. After I finish all my current works in progress, Of Course.

PS...my MIL and I are going to the Gem & Jewelery show in San Mateo on Friday...care to play hookey?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Poppin' Fresh Malaise...

Is your head better?! Great H. picture.

2:55 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:58 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Hope your head is feeling better now, I know what they are like :o(

Oooh - I wish it was that easy to hook up our tv just to watch PBS for that special! Alas, it isn't that easy to dig for the stuff to hook up for one night, even though that is a channel we get here.

I hope it was good! Maybe we'll find it at the library if they put it to tape/dvd.

5:59 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I'm sorry about the migraine - but at least it gave you time for yourself. "House" was awesome, as usual, and I love the way the roomies are getting along!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Janelle Martin said...

The yarn you chose for your shawl is gorgeous! Congrats on being so close to finishing.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'm listening to Moll on tape too. I read the book in college, but I don't remember a lot about it. Moll is BAD...but I do enjoy the story.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, that donkey thing is kind of worrisome:

"A donkey is like a housewife... In fact, the donkey is a shade better"

That really makes me wonder about the sort of relationships they have with their donkeys.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

*lol* It's ok... I used to feel bad anytime anybody had a hard time understanding one of my patterns, but I've gotten over that now. ;)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home