Thursday, March 23, 2006

Yap, yap, yap

This cake is strictly for knitting content: Can you believe that? Colette's Cakes.

















Howevah! This is the cake I want for my birthday. Or tonight. Whenever.


















I took yesterday off because I was struck down suddenly by the I Can't Go To Work One More Day virus - it would've only been my 10th day in a row. I worked on the shawl - (realizing late last night that there are 14 repeats and not the ten I was thinking, which is good, because it may've been a wee on the small side, but is bad in that I thought I was halfway done. Two repeats ago. Nope, now I'm halfway done). The rows go without a hitch and then inexplicably, after counting obsessively and backtracking over the pattern, I drop a stitch or add one (or two, or three.....). At least now I can kind of fool with it in pattern but still.

So I wandered into the sewing room since I used to be fairly proficient at sewing and have approximately the same (if not more) UFO's, thinking to soothe my shattered nerves by doing something right.

Uh. No.

For one thing, I took the bobbin casing to clean (polarfleece sheds like a long haired cat in July) and couldn't figure out how to put the freaking thing back together. Mind you, it's two pieces, one of which will only fit one way and I've had that machine for ages. I should be able to do it blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back.

It took me *cough*forty minutes*cough* to figure out I was putting the ...whatmacallit in backwards.

After that self esteem destroying incident, I proceeded to sew the princess seam fronts to the back of the garment. After that, I picked up a book. I can't get into The Dante Club for some reason. Anyone read it? I'm barely 20 pages in, so it's not like I've actually given it a fair shake so far.

After that? TV. Lost. Is that really a miracle or is Sun messing with Jin's head? (Yes. All that took me all day. I got up at 6:30am too. Oh! I made Mexican Souffles too, but that was an hour out of my day. Of course those came out well. They're fattening. But scrumptious. And yeah, I picked up the blouse again and managed to get a big chunk of it done. Right. I hope.).
CSI NY.

Hezekiah and I killed a couple of menacing yarn balls too. She's so funny. She gets mad if I'm too helpful but bored if the yarn just lays there.

The sidecar in my earlier post has a......beagle? Snoopy dog in it. He's kind of facing the rider so you can see his head in the lower right corner of the sidecar windshield and some of his body is in the rest of the lower windshield. I know it's a crappy picture but I snapped it while sitting at a light craning around with the zoom on. If I had better photo skills (or photo software) I could've blown it up, but there you go. I don't and I didn't. But it was cute. He looked soooooo darn happy. Road Trip!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

WOW! Those are some cakes!

3:44 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Wow - someone spent a long time with frosting ;o)

Did your cant go to work virus come visit me? No, I think it was the cold weather and painting at work.

Sad about the sewing :o(

10:01 PM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

It's a good thing you have a cat to help you. You could be in serious danger from menacing yarn balls.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

that cake is incredible.
hmm, give Dante Club a little more of chance. I'm a little further in, and finding it slow going in places, but then it picks up again.

I followed the link here from Stephanies page. Would you be up for a KAL for a Tudor Roses knit sometime this spring/summer?

2:11 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

your commment about Chaos' today almost made me blow tea out of my nose ;o) heh.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mexican souffles? Now I'm starving suddenly. Those cakes are amazing, and to think I'm going "fancy" when I ice the cookies!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, those cakes are amazing! And very tasty looking. Mmmmm... cake...

Sounds like you definitely needed to take a mental health day (or two!).

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home