Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Not So Much Knitting Content


Ambuguity blows. Hated The Lady and The Tiger right along with you. I did enjoy Life of Pi even though I can't decide which was the "real" story. I picked up Max and the Cats by Moacyr Sclair to see how differently Yann Martel wrote from his inspiration.

I'm going to have to read that Tom Robbins book. I thought I had, since I've read most of his books, but I can't for the life of me place it.


Jenni, GET OFF THE NET AND STARE AT THE SCENERY. Sheesh. Zion is beautiful. (And "Hi!" ;) (Picture not Zion, just in case you couldn't tell by the incredible amount of telephone wires. And houses. It's actually the best pic I got of all the snow on Mt Diablo and that was after pulling over a few times to snap a shot. I wanted to get both peaks with the snow but the only place I could see it really well was in the middle of the intersection.)
















This is what Hezekiah is hissing at:



Or more clearly, this:


My aunt and uncle's newest child, Riley. Hezekiah was NOT amused that that dog was in the house, even for a couple of hours Monday night and breakfast Tuesday morning and she's not allowed to be at all. . (although.....wait. who reads this? Never mind) She punished me last night by running away all night (she showed up at 6am.) (I checked all night long).

After, of course, I went to the neighbors on one side and queried (nicely, mind you) if their (sweet natured) pit bull ate her (they claimed no, but would they tell me, I ask you? Okay, it turns out that their (sweet tempered) pit bull didn't but she could have), and then to the other neighbors who weren't even home.

Not much knitting - Mim! I can't believe you even came close to recognizing the pattern after all that marking and blowing up. I know you wouldn't recognize it by the knitting. I'm torn on whether I should just frog the whole thing and chalk this up to a swatch (which it should be) or whether I should just power ahead and run a lifeline in it every other row and just Do It Right From Here On Out and pray to the Blocking Gods. Thanks for all the kind words on it, guys! The color and the yarn, if not the knitting, lol.

Of course I did manage to watch some TV last night (How William Shatner Changed the World should be on again, Zee. I think it Aven mentioned it was a repeat Sunday night). On NCIS, DeNozzo was actually competent. Still hate The Director. Even the happy ending was ruined for me because she engineered it. (This is possibly a little too much hate for a fictional character.) Scrubs next, but I barely registered it before flipping the channel. It was the 3 month anniversary of Sheba's death, Hez was missing, I was not in the mood to be amused. Couldn't read anything new either, so I re-read parts of Life of Pi. I still can't decide which is the better story. I tend to believe the bulk of the novel and yet.....but they're both fantastic.

Dammit, if my aunt gave me whatever hideous cold she has, I'm going to throttle her. I can't be sick right now. At least I can't lay around the house on my death bed. I have to work. She has to visit during the busiest time of my year and get me sick???? (And not harboring any ill will at all by her bringing her adorable puppy and annoying my cat). Not at all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

That is an adorable picture. We had a cat once who went through a glass window - much to the astonishment and dismay of the rottweiler which was teasing him by running up and down outside on the lawn. He chased the poor thing several blocks before he let him go.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

It looks like my format... what can I say? *shrug*

7:20 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The cat chased the rottie? Ha!

I'd say that you know your charts, Mim.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

I'm glad your cat returned safely! We can't let our cats go outside here with all the coyotes and other critters, but every once in a while Leo manages to get a door open, making me very nervous.

The beginning of the mohair lace thingie looks good, too!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't believe we still have snow on Mount Diablo! Crazy... I hope you stay well. Colds suck.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmph, bloglines has apparently decided to never tell me again if your site is updated. The plus side is I have lots of things to catch up on!

Oh, re: your question to Chaos just now - it would be "Freedom, horrible freedom." :)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Hee Hee! I didn't read your post until today (I guess I got off the internet...actually I lost my connection).

Mt. Diablo is beautiful. I grew up near the mountains, but unfortunately I have none near my home now.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home