Thursday, March 02, 2006

All About Books

Lifted shamelessly from The Costco Connection March 2006 Vol 21 #3

And a Book Meme......that I can't remember where I first saw it because I was tracking it backwards. Here's where I last was; 50 books. And sadly, I was not officially tagged for it, so I'm not officially tagging anyone else but I'd love to see Chittas'vrtti, Chris, Imbrium, Teabird, Stephanie, Jenni, & Aven do one. Among everyone else IN THE WORLD.

1) Name five of your favourite books.

a. Loose Change by Sara Davidson
b. Centennial by James Michener
c. Gospel by Wilton Barnhardt (this is what the DaVinci Code wanted to be)
d. Any Jack Higgins thriller
e. Probable Future by Alice Hoffman


2) What was the last book you bought?

That would be three of them at Long's Drug Store Monday morning when I went in for Ibuprofen.

Ex Libris by Ross King
Catastrophes, Chaos and DisastersConvolutions by.....a science fiction author whose name begins with a J but I can't remember and it's clearly not the right title....will get back to this. James Hogan
And........something Captain Alatriste by Arturo Perez-Reverte

Ha. Here's a pic of them in my car, along with the Books of the Month I picked up at the library while renewing Bleak House. Guess there's not a big demand for it, more's the pity.



3) What was the last book you read finished?

The Yarn Harlot by Stephanie Peal-McPhee

I'm currently reading Bleak House by Charles Dickens. Which reminds me. Rats! I think it's overdue at the library and I'm not done. (It was. $2.75. Whoops) Stupid plague. Couldn't read, couldn't watch the PBS series, tried to wait it out.


4) List five books that have been particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order).

Oh geez. The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett. The Odd One (? I read this in elementary school which was a long, long time ago. Loose Change (Sara Davidson). Second Nature (Alice Hoffman),The Last Place God Made (Jack Higgins)


5) Name three books you've been dying to read but just haven't gotten around to it?

Pull any three on my TBR shelf. They are all calling to me. Who Murdered Chaucer? Terry Jones. The Perfect Prince Anne Wroe. The Ice Queen. Alice Hoffman. There! Three is easy. Five? Not so much.


Anyone catch Six Degrees of Francis Bacon last night on the History Channel? I taped it because it came on at 11pm but it looks fun. The father of Science? Lost was actually good. Nothing but Without A Trace tonight, and of course, the 6pm showing of Stargate SG1. Not that I'm obsessed or anything. Not that I'm home by then either. What do I care? I've got the DVD's now.



I'd post knitting content, but I'm casting on and doing the first few rows of the Adamas Shawl
and lace really does look horrid. Especially when the yarn is essentially hairy string. Pretty color though. Oh, I'll probably take a pic of it tonight, but it's pathetic. Oh, check out this Olympic effort! Susoolu's Amazing Shawl.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I remember liking Centennial too, but for the life of me can't remember a single detail about it.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Whoops, I'm thinking The Drifters (also by James Michener). I can't think of anything about Centennial either, but I'm fairly certain I read it.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fun!! I'll get to this in a day or two - thanks for sharing. :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I have one word: evil! But I did it - sorta :) ***CV

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...can't resist a book meme. I'll get to it today or Monday. Thanks!

10:29 AM  
Blogger susoolu said...

Sweetie, thanks for the mention.

I love book posts - but then I'm the kind of person who always heads straight for a bookshelf when in someone's home. Fascinating stuff, and some new names for me to look out for.

Have fun with the Adamas Shawl, it looks a beautiful thing to knit.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Doesn't it though? I wish I had the time to sit and just knit it. Your shawl is amazing.

Cool! Takers on the book meme.

Yeah, I saw your "sorta" chittavrtti. Hey, unofficial tag, unofficial results. Interesting all the way around.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'll have to do this one!

6:42 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Hi! Great book meme. I'm so glad Chris linked to you to today ;o) I have been trying to find out if you have a blog for a while here!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Glad you found me, RheLynn!

I hope everyone does it. Not that I need more books to read, but I'm always looking anyway.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home