Friday, February 24, 2006

This was the tense scene in the garage yesterday morning. Huh. There is actually a black cat standing nonchalantly in the doorway, just happening to be passing through the neighborhood, checking out.....something........ right outside the door...... (you might have to click on the pic. Apparently a black cat doesn't show up well against a black sky at 6am. Never mind. You can't see him even if you do click on it.) [picture deleted]


What? Could there be Science Diet food that a certain picky gray cat has scorned? Or really, more to the point, just how long has that laundry been sitting there?











Due to the aforementioned gray cat having, literally, a hissy fit, while sitting calmly in my lap, I didn't get a pic of him taste-testing her food for her either. All of it. It's a difficult process.

Here's a shot of an eensy part of my ongoing project pile and the oversized knitting and quilting "booksheves". The jeweled purse hiding in the corner my mother made in the 60's. I'd carry it around but the handle is some weird hard, hard iron form of plastic. Currently it's holding my regular knitting needles.















My cursed Norwegian socks are probably going to get ripped back to the beginning of the heel. Somehow I got off pattern (which I could live with) but the gaping instep hole will do me in. But as Lyssa says, "Finishing is for quitters. UFO's are forever."

Jennifer has my stitchmarkers for the Adamas Shawl ready! Due to hideous work conditions, I can't get them until Sunday, but I can't wait.

Anyone catch Drew & Cheryl's inspired freestyle to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" on Dancing With the Stars last night? They should win. They were great. It was two hours! I'm so mad because I taped the normal hour and a half so I don't have them on tape. Grrrrrr. Season finale Sunday at 8pm.

Best Buy has a two for one sale on seasons of Stargate SG1, FYI. *IAC. I do, but then I have a love affair w/TV right now. And it's on tonight. (Time/space/dimension warping! My fave thing, next to Alternative Universes.) Along with Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica. I'll be at a crab feeding stuffing my face.

That book meme is great. I love all the comments and reviews on it. Also? Seeing everyone's shelves. I did have tasteful bookcases in the living room, but they gradually moved to the wall in my room. If there's an earthquake in the night, I'm going to go out the best way possible. By book.

*If Anyone Cares

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, what a pretty black kitty!! He looks quite large. Maybe he'll move into your house? :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely kitty! Maybe he'll visit more often.

I need to do that book meme... Maybe next week...

1:28 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

He visits every single day, coincidentally at breakfast and dinnertime. He does have a lovely family that should probably comb him more often, but they do spoil him silly, so I only get to "borrow" him, much to Hezekiah's displeasure.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black cats are lucky, consider yourself blessed! I had a black cat, Shadow, for many moons and look forward to the day I can convince my boyfriend that Juliet needs company. As for death by book, that's not a bad way to go.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I laughed out loud when I read that! If I have to go, then 'by book' ain't such a bad thing! Your bookshelves are very impressive, by the way - I immediately want to start rummaging through them!

I blatantly encourage cats of all sorts dropping in - our cats have an outdoor cat run, so I can sit around the corner on the back driveway and pat the odd stray without them noticing.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Kathyb, that's too funny! Sheba was supposed to be Shadow, we had a year old grat cat named Mocho, but Shadow didn't fit her and I didn't like it in any other language. Clearly because her name was Sheba. We had a black tomcat named Midnight when I was growing up.

I encourage all the cats in the neighborhood to hang out here. You can't just one day be the crazy cat lady. You have to work into it. I'm building my base.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home