Thursday, February 16, 2006

How is this for gorgeous? Outside my office. Which I am working busily away despite the fact that I still have the plague, but mildly. Pretty cherry blossoms! It's supposed to snow tomorrow. S-N-O-W. Here. Of course, by snow, they pretty much mean not a chance. I scraped ice off my car this morning and that's winter snow to me. (Like fog, which for years is what I thought a White Christmas meant).

I need to find a cough medicine that doesn't double as cocaine. What do they put in that stuff? I haven't slept all week. It can't be legal, can it? I am almost to page 300 of Bleak House though, and I'm almost, almost, almost done with my Ugly socks. Next I will finish my Norwegian socks, since I basically only have the foot to go. Bleak House is surprisingly great so far. All those characters! When characters were characters, doncha know.

I watched LOST last night! First time since the season premiere. It helped that it had lots of Sayid and Clancey Brown was in it. Of course then I just brooded over the fact that they cancelled Earth First. I taped the year long all access camera whatsit special on the Windsor Family on PBS last night. I tend to like my royalty long dead, but it might be interesting.

Thanks for all the well wishes! It's hard to have the plague in this day and age. And yes, chitta'svrtti, you should sit in Powell's in the health section for me. It can only help, and Powells? You should go there whenever possible.



Hezekiah likes the polarfleece addition to her daybed.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, springy tree...I hope the upcoming snow(?) doesn't kill all the blossoms.

Oh, and if you'd like some snow, you can of some of ours. Driving to work sucked this morning.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the cherry blossoms - I think we're about 2.5 months out from that! A high of 0F tomorrow.

H looks so serene...

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

What a beautiful tree! Does it smell as pretty as it looks?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm very jealous of the tree.

6:59 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Cherry Blossoms! How lovely :) The commute I make in the morning passes through a tiny valley which last year had these tremendously outstretched long limbed cherry blossom trees. Pink snow! We probably won't see them in bloom until mid march though. Thank you for the sneak peek ***CV

8:55 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The cherry blossoms are in full swing. I'm hoping that Mt Diablo gets a bit of snow this weekend so I can get a picture of cherry blossoms backed by snow topped mountain.

Driving in snow? Yucky. Well, it sounds yucky. I don't like to drive in the rain and I've never driven in the snow.

10:34 AM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

What a great idea for a picture. A west coast version of cherry blossoms and Mt. Fuji :) **CV

8:44 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Oh, what a lovely tree! It's such a sign of spring, and I needed that picture... Yesterday, I saw pussywillows in Trader Joe's, and I nearly swooned with pleasure. There's hope!

Feel better!
melanie

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home