Saturday, February 04, 2006

Saturday! The 6th Day of Work.


Another picture from San Gregorio Beach. At the moment, my footsteps should be leading directly into the ocean, except for my terror of drowning and of sea creatures. Worst vacation EVER was on a cruise ship in December. It was storming, I couldn't see land, the waves were crashing over the windows of the stateroom - I just wanted to get on land. I didn't fare much better on the ferry from Port Angeles WA to Victoria, BC. Once I can't see land, I start picturing really, really mad sea monsters, whales, octopusses, mermaids, whatever, capsizing the ship and eating us all.





This used to be a sleepy, sleepy little road with horse stables and a few old cabins. Now it's practically a freeway, there are houses all up into the hills (with a charming view of a rock quarry, niiiiiice) but it's still pretty.

No knitting progress. At least none that is visible to the naked eye. Slow and steady, I've decided. Let's see how doing a little bit every day works out.

I saw a scarf pattern that knits the length of the scarf and at the end of the row, you cut the yarn and start a new yarn, so it ends up self fringing. That sounds easy and fast.

Oh, and just an FYI. When you walk into a salon and ask if they take walk ins, and they do, ASK WHAT THEY CHARGE. It was actually pretty much the going rate for salons, except I'd been going to the quickie cut places since my hairstylist moved away. Big diff. On the plus side, I really, really like my hair. I might even let her highlight it. Last time I had it "highlighted" I thought I was going to have to take up smoking, get a job in a diner back in the 50's and start calling people 'toots' or 'dearie'.

And in sad, sad news, Tia Carrere was voted off Dancing With the Stars last night. And I am so very happy that's my sad news.

What to watch this weekend? Enh, who knows. Book TV. No, not the SuperBowl. Bah.

Bah, again. I can't get that link to Book TV to work. I think it's good on the sidebar. They always have something worth watching and even the authors that make me want to heave books at the TV set are usually worth a listen. People are strange, you know? Although I should talk. I'm an Evolution Believing Lutheran.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh - I know what you mean about salons! When my hair was longer, there wasn't much to cutting it, so I just went to the Aveda school for cheapie haircuts. When I got it cut back to about shoulder length, I discovered I needed a "real" stylist so I could get a consistent cut. Quite the sticker shock!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

My former stylist was well worth the price, but after getting several hack jobs and paying out the nose for it, I finally just started going to the $20 shops. But I think I finally found a hairstylist I like - she left my bangs long! I NEVER go back if they cut my bangs too short. I warn them.....

11:08 AM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Hairy scare stories or is that scary hair stories? Back in the day if I could rat it I didn't care what the cut was...now however ... I finally found some place to go to after having the same person cut my hair since 6th grade. Talk about getting over a relationship :) ***CV

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be on that beach right now! I'm staring out the window watching snow blow across the lake..blah!

Watch out for those sea monsters!

And why is it that going to a salon is always a traumatizing experience?

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home