Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday, Monday, what good is it?

I suppose it clearly delineates the weekend from work. At least before Tax Season starts and then I only have to work on days that end in "y". Bah. I can't shake this stupid migraine, it goes away, it comes back, I just want it to go away. It's making me hold my head ramrod straight and feel like the Queen of England and we are not amused. I take Maxlt MLT and usually it kicks it out pretty good, but not this weekend. And now I can't even take another dosage for a couple of hours.

In less self pitying news, I got farther on the scarf that I'm trying to finangle into it being my knit part of the Knit the Classics on Mrs. Dalloway , which I am more than halfway through. But it takes place on a day in the middle of June - not exactly scarf weather, presumably even in England, and flowers figure more into the novel. Plus check out the site Knit the classics Pretty, pretty floral knits everyone else is making. I really like the floral bookmark Amanda made. The flower KSD knit looks good too. Maybe I'll pull out one of my copies of Nicky Epstein's Knitting Embellishments book (Oh, by the way Bryan! (my brother) I apologize for accusing you of stealing Nicky's book. I found it. A year later and after I replaced it. I know it's not something you would ordinarily read (or borrow, or steal) (not that you would steal anything) but I think you never really got over me wrecking a couple of your Heinlein books when you were a kid by reading them while tanning and in the bathtub.)

Much, much later in the day. Migraine gone, day over, just had a nice long convo with my bestest friend in the whole world and even after all these years it amazes me how very much alike we are. And how that is such a great thing and can be so bad at the same time! We think and reason practically exactly the same way and sometimes that just works against us. All I know is that my world would suck without her in it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I feel your pain - literally. I'm at home with a crappy migraine right now. Took 2 imitrex shots on Saturday and then felt great from mid-day through yesterday, but it came back this morning. Again, the 2nd shot seems to have done the trick... Argh.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Maybe it's Mrs. Dalloway that is giving you the headache? It's been known to happen....LOL!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That could be, Stephanie! She's much harder to read than Mrs. Ramsey in To The Lighthouse. At least, I don't like her as much.

Shots, Chris? You don't take the pills? I used to do the shots w/DHE and Imitrex, then went to the pills, then went to Maxalt, which, thankfully, seems to be working now. I'm just zonked.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The shots usually work in about 10 minutes. Sometimes I'm pukey and the pills aren't much help then. The nasal spray was bad news...

Don't know what the deal is today - still a bit of an ache and I am SOOOOO tired now. Argh. Glad you're feeling better!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Have you voted for the next set of KTC books yet?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I thought I did earlier today, tabbytux. I'll go double check.

Hope your headache stays away, Chris. Sleep. If you can.

7:19 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I picked up a copy of Extinct Languages the other day--this will be perfect for my class :)**CV

8:55 PM  
Blogger amandazen said...

So glad your headache went away and I am sure that your Mrs. Dalloway project will turn out great.

Amanda

11:40 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, that is so cool, chittavrtti! It's funny too, because that is the book that everyone picked up to look at, of the books I had with me.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home