Friday, January 20, 2006


Willie and the view from the living room window. (Portland. I promise I will someday vist somewhere else or at least stop posting vacation pictures of the same vacation. Someday). Look at that green! Just look at it. Why do I live here? I clearly need to move in with them.





Is that awe inspiring looking, or what? I snapped this while in the Cultural District in downtown Portland. The street signs clearly designated them as such.




This is the "new" version of the scarf. Doesn't look that different, does it? And wonky. I probably should have done a few rows in seedstitch at the beginning but *snap* bygones. That, and blocking. Which reminds me, I want a steamer.

I should also probably pull out and finish that stupid, stupid vest, finish the 800 year old other sock and the cable sweater, the lace stole, sew up its matching tank, finish the baby cashmere cable scarf........what else do I have in my UFO pile?


Anyone living in the Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill/Concord, etc area, FYI, the Joanne's Fabric stores in the old New York Fabrics on Contra Costa Blvd and the one by the CineArts theater on Monument will be closing. Big sale. I picked up two Vogue patterns for $1.99 ea. You know, among other "savings".

I almost had a shot of a truck with 'WE ARE STILL FREE' emblazoned on it driving home yesterday, but I'm afraid to admit the reason I wanted the shot was because I was sure Teal'c (of Stargate SG1) was driving it. Those Jaffa. (What? You don't watch the SciFi Friday line up? Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica? Tonight new episodes are on, so starting at 8pm you can fix that terrible, terrible oversight).

Too bad I was too mad to take a pic of the mess I made of my office and myself this morning. Let's just say it involved a latte, a white turtleneck, the edge of my computer tower and many, many bad words. I barely got any of the latte either. Grrrrrr.

Oh, my Powell acquistions. Eminent Victorians by Lytton Strachey. River of Time by Igor D. Novikov and Extinct Languages by Johnannes Friedrich .

Currently I'm reading (along with Mrs Dalloway BOTM for Knit The Classics) Ingenious Pursuits: Building the Scientific Revolution by Lisa Jardine and if I didn't have the sneaking suspicion that she would be surprised to discover that I could read! I would enjoy it more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh, your morning latte mess sounds like some of the Chaos vs mocha messes I've had... Like I've said before, his Jackson Pollock phase was rough.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh yes, and the Joann's is now becoming a Super Joann's and is moving to Park n' Shop. Crazy, eh?

5:51 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

The Extinct Languages book looks wonderful!(I went and read the reviews. Spills are very annoying and so too is taking your drink all the way home then finding out it is NOT what you ordered and having to decide whether the almost $4 drink is worth taking back *ack* ***CV

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home