Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Argh. Just argh.


Me and that gull. Biting off more than we can chew.












That vest? Not a prayer for this birthday. (Tomorrow). It turns out that knitting is not quite like sewing and in either case, the shoulder lines should match which these don't. Not even close. Whoops.















The boot socks in progress......notice the fabulous use of color!
.
















I did finish a baby shoe. Shoe. Well, almost. There are tires and a license plate and the other foot to go.......
















Frameshift (the book pictured) was pretty good. I'd never heard of Robert J. Sawyer before, which is great because he's got a few books out. I picked up his Hominids, which will be next up after State of Fear by Michael Crichton and, of course, Tess of the D'Urbervilles which I am sorely tempted to skim but can't seem to so I seem to be .........watching reruns of Stargate SG1 instead.

I'm packing Mrs. Dalloway to take on my trip (along with the aforementioned State of Fear) because it's the January Knit the Classic selection and it doesn't have the baggage Tess has for me. I liked Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse but I think that's the only book of hers I've read.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, dang it, those details like having the shoulders be the same width... Bummer!! Your other stuff seems to be coming along nicely tho.

My split personality haul from the library yesterday - Murder Can Mess Up Your Mascara and Kafka on the Shore. Um, yes, these are for the same person...

Have a good trip!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yeah, I read all sorts of odd combinations myself except they don't seem the slightest bit odd to me. Oddly enough.

I'm into a lovely freeing space where I just figured to ......Rachel are you reading this? I figured to heck with it. It's socks and Mim's Adamas shawl for me, me, me! And maybe Dad will get his vest on Valentine's Day.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love Mrs. Dalloway and Tess, but as I've read them, I'm waiting for the next selection.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home