Monday, January 09, 2006

I Finished Something! And wove in the ends and everything!

I think this means the Apocalypse has begun.

But I did! I finished a pair of socks. Oh sure, I realized about an inch into the knitting of the instep of the 2nd sock why one should line up the decreases, but that was a fairly easy fix and the twisted foot is hardly annoying at all. ;) No, probably the only people who would notice is someone who knows how to knit socks - and how many of those can there be? I don't even see it. (Or feel it. It's fine. Really. Or I'd've ripped it out. Maybe. It was only a stitch off.)

But I finished a pair! And they fit! So I cast on another pair. I'm going to need wool socks in Mt Hood this weekend. It's a long drive.

The vest is knitted, blocked and dried and all I have left now is to seam and border it. (Border it? Hey, if I can do lunch, I guess I can border a sweater.) Of course I have to have this done by Dad's birthday on Wednesday and I'm leaving for Portland at 5am Wednesday.....but hey. Other than working all day today and tomorrow and seeing Casanova with Sheri tomorrow night (a must) and sewing up the polarfleece jacket I want to bring (and matching hat)........plenty o' time.

In distressing news, Kenny Mayne was the first voted off of Dancing With The Stars. I'm really bummed about that. He wasn't very good, but he did try.

In happier news, a new House is on tonight! Hugh Laurie. Robert Sean Leonard. Fox network, 9pm.

Oh wait a minute. Today is Monday, not Tuesday. A new Two and A Half Men. And half of a new Las Vegas.



Hezekiah snuggled up in the plastic wrappers. Doesn't that seem unsafe? She's given it up for a chiropractic pillow and some towels on a lawn chair (not pictured.


In the interests of finishing *everything in the approximately three free hours I have left, I crawled out of bed at 4:30 this morning. This is pretty close to my normal crawling out of bed time except lately. Lately I've been getting up - heck, I've been waking up at 8:30am. The day is practically over!

*Everything: the polarfleece jacket I want to bring - I just need to sew it up. I did make one yesterday, but evidently I'm not as fat as I thought. So, new jacket. I wanted to use the black polarfleece anyway.

Matching polarfleece cap.

Polarfleece turtleneck (Polarfleece patterns are easy).

Knit another pair of wool socks (well, bring them along.)

Finish vest. (Check!) Seam vest (uh, not yet). Knit border on vest (uh, not yet).

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Whew! You're a whirlwind!! I can't see that you'll have any trouble getting all that done... :)

Nice picture of H. It does seem a wee bit unsafe - but when have cats ever been concerned with that?!

4:06 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Either I've acclimatized or it really hasn't been that cold up here in Portland lately (I presume you mean Oregon). Lots of rain though, And snow on Mt Hood and St. Helens****CV

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Let's see a FO pic!

I just started watching House. It's a great show!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Where have all the pictures gone? You'd be amazed how mistakes disappear in knit items. I'm a mistake expert by now.

BTW I have a crush on Hugh Laurie. Have you seen him in Blackadder? I had no idea he was a comedic actor.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yup, Portland, OR. Rain? In Oregon? Surely you jest. It's known for it's sunny climate! Or not, as the case may be.

Ah, funny you two should mention pictures! Check out the lovely one of a knitting mistake that can only be repaired by ripping out and re-knitting. Gah.

I've never seen Blackadder, but my crush on Hugh Laurie made me watch Jeeves & Wooster (because it's playing now on my local PBS station at 7pm on Tuesdays, usually) and I didn't realize that a) that's where Ask Jeeves came from, or b) that Hugh Laurie was so young and so silly back in the day! So un-House-like. I had seen him in MI-5 as Jules though.

11:55 AM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

*gasp* not seen Blackadder?Oh my. AS to the rain, last year we had snow my dear. Rain is what makes the state go green. Snow is what makes the city shut down ;)**CV

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home