Friday, December 09, 2005

What Kind of an Elitist Are You?







What Kind of Elitist Are You?




You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every book ever published. You are a fountain of endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and never fail to impress at a party.What people love: You can answer almost any question people ask, and have thus been nicknamed Jeeves.What people hate: You constantly correct their grammar and insult their paperbacks.
Take this quiz!






Of course I'm a Book and Language elitist. It's too bad that I'm a little shaky on some grammar rules or my life would be complete. The upside of getting a lovely head cold is that I've lounged around all day and between naps and emptying kleenex boxes, I finished reading Elements of Murder: A History of Poison, by John Emsley, Midsummer's Night's Scream by Jill Churchill and the new Aunt Dimity (Next of Kin) by Nancy Atherton. Do you see that prolific and most likely incorrect use of commas? So sad. Next up, Tess of the D'Ubervilles (Thomas Hardy)

The Christmas party was fun. Did not take a single picture. Didn't even think of it. We play that stealing presents game where you can either open a present from the stack on the table or steal one already opened. But not more than twice. I opened a Black & Decker (no, not a table saw, that would be a present from one of my exes) Kitchen Chopper, but alas, it was stolen. So I took, for the final time, a Starbucks mug and gift certificate. Score! It's the season of Egg Nog Lattes you know. The Chai ones are pretty good too.

High Tea at Shadelands Ranch tomorrow. It's one of the original homes in the Walnut Creek area and it used to be so much fun to go to, they had aerial photos from years back (we have a current airport and one that used to be on West St in Concord) and just tons of pictures, newpapers and memorbilia, but they found an original ......... Frank Lloyd Wright? In the attic and now they have big bucks and is suitably decked out and museum worthy. It's gorgeous, but I miss the old days of clambering around.

No knitting today. Don't quite have the physical dexterity thing down today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I didn't know that Shadelands had high tea. Interesting...

Hope you feel better soon.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That was a fun quiz - thanks for the link. I was also a Book and Language elitist. :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I've taken this quiz two times and ended up with different results. Which actually should happen as the choices presented can be very subjective. The first time I was a Book and Language elitist and the second time an Art and Decorator elitist. I know! A Decorative Art Book elitist :) That way I can include William Morris and Lalique ;)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home