Friday, January 06, 2006

Dancing With The Stars

It's like watching a train wreck or conversely very entertaining. I love the ones that just go for it, kind of the way Kenny Mayne did. Felt like a fool, or really, was afraid of looking foolish, but he looked great. I'd've given him much higher marks. Kenny Mayne's Blog. Master P only had a week and stepped in replacing his son, but honestly, he should have just gone for it. He would have looked much less ridiculous. Poor Ashley. Going from a NKOTB to a block of wood.

Tatum O'Neal had the same problem as Master P, she did not want to look ridiculous. Don't go on a competitive reality dance program then. She was dizzy already? Not to mention Kelly Monaco had a much harder time last season and persevered (although I don't think KM should have won originally).

Lisa Rinna and her partner weren't half bad. George Hamilton was as smooth as I expected, even with 4 cracked (or broken ribs). John O'Hurley might have been copying GH last season, but George is one of the originals.

Jerry Rice did good.

I heard that David Carradine was in the studio audience! I didn't see him at all.

In knitting news, did I finish the other sock yet? Nooooo, but I'm carrying it around in my purse. It does not appear to be knitted by the sock elves. Lazy sock elves.

Is the (no longer Christmas but a [January, of course] Birthday Vest done? No, but I only have the upper vest on the .....right (or possibly left) side to go. I forgot to shape the neckline originally. And about buttons and buttonholes. Or consider that I was adding a border and so might want to make it a teensy bit less wide to accomodate said border. Designing is hard. I think I'd rather ballroom dance.

But not on national TV.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Um, woah - like, I so do not follow TV or news or sports, so you might be speaking in tongues for all I can tell! :)

What I do know is that you must not be paying the purse elves enough to work on your socks! :p

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I figured Jerry Rice would do ok as he's more athletically inclined.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Do. Not. Follow. TV??? I don't understand! TV is life! It's required viewing!

I didn't watch much TV before I let my last husband lure me to the mountains where there was not only no cable but no electricity. I went from being somewhat dismissive of television viewing as a whole to desperately missing commercials.

I thought the same thing about Evan Holyfield last season, tabby! He's a boxer! He was dreadful. But Jerry Rice had some NICE moves.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What is Jerry Rice famous for? Should I be taken out back and flogged for asking? : )

10:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It never occurs to me to turn the tv on... I have a stack of about 40 videos to watch, but they just accumulate.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I DVRed that first episode, but have only watched 4 couples so far. I could see this getting addictive. Never watched last season. Also didn't DVR the results show, oops. Who got kicked off?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yes! Flogged, Fickleknitter! Flogged! Everyone (even me) knows Jerry Rice was a quarterback for........one of the Bay Area teams. The 49er's. I'm pretty sure. See what living here forever will do? Despite the fact that I try to avoid any and all contact w/sports I know Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve....you know. The guy in the car commercials.

Andrea, they kicked off Kenny Mayne! I am so sad.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You aren't going to revoke my Ca Residency for not knowing that are you? I'm a California Transplant, yeah that's my excuse.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yes, I'm afraid your CA residency has been revoked. If even I know who he is, everyone should. Of course I couldn't name the current quarterback of either Bay Area or any CA football team right now if my life depended on it, so maybe I shouldn't be making up these rules.

Steve Young! That's it.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home