Friday, December 30, 2005

What Chocolate Santa?

There was one in the gift basket? Hmmm. Who would sneak a chocolate Santa out of the kitchen to eat it all by herself? Hey, it was hollow. Like all men. (Okay, maybe not all.)

So here I sit, attempting to wrangle a decent Income Statement out of this morass of transactions. I know! I can blog. So voila. And think of some New Year's Resolutions to break. I mean, follow.

1) Finish all projects started (please, the giggling and hooting is not only deafening but mean).

2) Finish most of all projects started or frog them once and for all.

3) Don't buy any more yarn. Unless, of course, I have to.

4) Don't buy any more books. Unless, of course, I have to.

5) Try to read at least 2 books on my TBR shelf for every book bought or checked out of the library. For some reason, this has gotten really out of hand. I don't think I've ever owned so many books (and hardbacks to boot) that I haven't read at least once.

6) READ the books in my book clubs. Why is it like High School English in that once a book was assigned I lost all interest in ever reading it? I want to read most of them. In fact, I've picked a few out. I suck.

7) Finish the book I'm reading before I pick up another. Mathsemantics by Edward MacNeal and The Hard Facts of the Grimm Fairy Tales by Maria Tatar are both fascinating books but I put them down one night (midway!) and picked up .......Tess of the D'ubervilles, at the moment. (Tess, incidentally, a December book club book choice. Since it is still December(right? I'm completely out of sync on dates lately) it's good).

8) Ummm, okay, all the normal stuff, lose weight, get in shape, eat healthily, try new recipes, try new things, go places, get out of my comfort zone (a degree or two, let's not blow up my life again just because it's been awhile), be nice, volunteer for a cause I believe in, yada yada yada.

9) Try not to burst into tears at inappropriate moments, but if I do, please just let me babble incoherently.




6 Comments:

Blogger Bad Amy said...

Hi there! Info about the Celtic Knot Scarf pattern you asked about on the Fall Cable KAL is on the KAL page, and my www. Thanks!

6:04 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Okay number 4 is just wrong. Of course one HAS to get books ;) And number 5 is such a good idea I might try it-maybe. First I need to seperate the read form the unread. It may take a while.
The Grimm book sonds good. Have you read Grimm's Last Fairytale?***CV

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Great list, Carrie. I think I need to just link to your list instead of doing my own! ;)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Tag... You're IT!!!

List 5 weird things about yourself, tag five other people to do the same, and then comment on their blogs that they have been tagged. Have fun!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

chittavrtti, no I haven't but it sounds good. Is it actually Grimm or about them?

Argh. Tag. Must think.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think you should be allowed to buy books. Everyone should buy books!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home