Thursday, December 29, 2005

Love. Ick, phooey

Is this year almost over? I hope so. I've gone to a couple of movies lately (once upon a time I would see every movie released, but no more.) Mary Jo and I went to see Brokeback Mountain after my Christmas Eve service was over and I was somewhat dismayed and horrified to realize during the movie that it was a love story.

Yeah, how that could have escaped me I have no idea. I'm stupid? I wanted to see the movie? And no, it has nothing to do with the sex of the couple, it's the whole LOVE thing. I HATE love stories. Hate. Them. (Okay, it probably has to do with my three failed marriages and subsequent bitterness and cynicism over the lying phrase "I love you". But I digress.) But (and don't read this if you don't want to know the vague outline of the movie) at least it had the decency to end badly for pretty much everyone involved. (Read this part: Be true to yourself). It may have gone just as Ennis thought, but then, it might not have and love is hard enough to find, without throwing it away without even trying. It was just sad. Sad and a horrible, horrible waste of lives.

The other movie I saw was Syriana. All I'm really sure about the movie is that Big American Oil Interests are Evil and Ruthless, the Emir of Iran would rather have his playboy son rule and mollify the Americans than leave his country in the hands of his son that wanted to reform the area and that George Clooney is still hot in a beard but looks better without one. I'm not sure all the vignettes actually tied together as neatly as say, Traffic did, but it was an engrossing flick all the same. I hope that it's overstated a bit.

Hopefully Sheri and I will get to see Memoirs of a Geisha today. Please don't tell me it's a love story.

Last night I crawled into bed and fell asleep at 6 freaking 30 pm. Did I bound out of bed this morning? Heck no. I dragged myself out around 7am, which is late for me.

Do I have any knitting news? No. Not a stitch farther on a single project. I did find one truck bootie started and a stitch dropped on the (partially started) other one, but after attempting to fix one dropped stitch (garter stitch sucks to fix) only to find another, I frogged it and started over and discovered the stupid piece of yarn was too short which is probably why I quit in the first place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Umm, Carrie? Memoirs of a Geisha is a love story...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

NOOOOOOOO!

I think Sheri went without me anyway.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home