Sunday, January 29, 2006

Half Moon Bay and the rest of the weekend....

But first, cable update. I timed one pattern repeat (4 rows) took me approximately 20 minutes. So I'm speeding along at the rate of and inch and a half an hour. If I want this to be 60 inches long it's going to take 40 Four OMG Tee hours. It's soooo purrty and soft though!



Fengari's yarn shop in Half Moon Bay. What you think I drove to the Pacific Ocean to look at the beach? They had the colorway of the La Gran mohair yarn I've been looking for, but thankfully for my pocketbook, in the entire time the three of us were shopping there, not a single person came up to me. I'm not sure there was even a salesclerk there, but the yarns, and the scarves to show off the yarns were beautiful.


Okay, okay, we had to go to the beach. But I bet if Rachel had realized how long we were going to be in the yarn store, she wouldn't have been so accomodating about being on the beach for barely an hour! (Yes, she would have. But she shouldn't!)

Driftwood Beach.........well, really San Gregorio Beach. But heck of driftwood. I have a lovely picture of the bridge and the beach, but a big fat truck tire threw itself into the center of the picture when I wasn't looking so I'm punishing it by not posting it. Historical Marker for San Gregorio.... apparently they were looking for Monterey Bay, overshot it, camped here 3 days and then went to the City, like any self respecting tourist ought to do.


















This is actually the beach we hit first, Redondo Beach. The only way down to the beach we could see was to rappel the cliff.........possibly the tide pool raincoat clad gang there knew any easier way. So not exactly at the ocean's floor yet.



......Redondo Beach, Pacific Ocean...........notice no rain? We drove home in it though. Hate driving in the rain and the dark.


Gratuitous kitty shot. Hezekiah, taking her morning sun.




Oh, and today? Today after church (possibly I skipped the last hymn, but....but....) I went with Adrienne and had the best massage at The Oasis in Brentwood (not that Brentwood, CA), lunch at the Red Lobster (which could honestly, consist entirely of their cheese biscuits) and then home to work on the World's Ugliest socks, an hour and a half out of my life for an inch of cable, started reading How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered the World (a library book, they just jump to the head of the pack) and now - What's on TV? Funny you should ask. Practically nothing. Law & Order Criminal Intent is a repeat, I'm not in the mood to sob over Cold Case (plus, it's after 8pm already. Already! Computers). Nova looked interesting tonight. Oh, and Crossing Jordan. But Jordan is a moron for throwing J.D. over for Woody. Good grief.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for sharing the beach pictures! Hmm, maybe this year's vacation needs to involve beaches somewhere...

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The beach looks beautiful and cold as only a no cal beach can!

7:07 AM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Thast looks so much like the beach where all the drift wood art used to be. Though I know it's not. **CV

9:25 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Thank you, thank you! The stitch is a cable and lace pattern out of one of the Harmony books......it started out as a swatch/playing with yarn exercise and then looked so purty.....

Thank you on the pix too. I'm so close to the ocean I take it for granted and I really need to get there more.

chittavrtti, that must be by the Berkeley pier you're thinking of. I haven't been there, and actually looked for awhile either.

12:58 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

It might be. All I can remember is looking out the family car window after passing Candlestick Park (or fog are us stadium) and seeing all the eccentric art pieces **CV

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home