Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Days Are Swifter Than a Weaver's Shuttle.....

...but since it's a quote from Job, it ends "....and they come to an end without hope." Much the way I feel about these socks. Which, mind you, I am to the heel shaping of the 2nd one! But only because I talked myself out of starting a new project.
"............so I have been allotted months of futility and nights of misery have been assigned to me."
Job and I are like this [crosses fingers].




I think I'll finish these by the time Bleak House is over tonight. Part 3 of 6!

Also notice how tightly I'm stranding the gold color - y0u can barely see it there after the stripes. Then it's undoubtedly too loose and then I got bored w/the beigie-ish color and switched the colorway. What the hell goes through my head when I pick out sock colors?


So, anyone watch the game? Oh, who cares? Not me. I did walk around Lafayette Reservoir this afternoon - 2.7 miles, thankyouverymuch. I used to do it everyday when I lived down the road. This was after buying the circs I need for the Adamas Shawl (again, mind you, without looking at the price - who knew needles could be $25?).

Anyway. The Reservoir: This is from the other side. Where it's too late to turn back and soooo far from the car. Uphill both ways too. Really.




Sensational Knitted Socks might have hopped in the purchase.....That would be....how many sock books do I own? Off the top of my head.....Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. Vogue on the Go Socks. Knitters magazine's sock book. A booklet or two.......and how many completed socks? Three pairs completely knit and ready to wear, one pair actually wearable (felting and anklet, respectively) and two socks completely done, only sadly, not even close to being a pair to each other.

The Scarf is 15 inches long! Go scarf! That's exactly one fourth the length I want. I hope it's a cold, cold, summer.

5 Comments:

Blogger chittavrtti said...

About being too far from the car: that is the whole point. Get far enough away so that you have to go the distance.

Oh. And I forgot that game was today. I did wonder why Sunday was so peaceful though***CV

7:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I love wading birds, so I absolutely adore that last picture - thanks!!

A $25 needle? What is it - ebony or something?!

Keep going on that sock. You can do it, you can do it (this is starting to sound like the Little Engine That Could).

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ah, the res... It's so beautiful there.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Far enough away, or work it into your day. I miss working in Oakland.

I was shocked there were so darn many people out yesterday. Not a big drawing game our way.

They're Rosewood needles! Pretty.
Which they'd better be.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$25 for a neelde, what kind was it? Latern Moon?

Those are some great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home