Thursday, February 09, 2006


Sheba from a snapshot.













Cloud Brief (To One Unimpressed)

by Peter Kane Dufault

How sad! To deny it’s splendid —
that dazzling mass - just because
it isn’t a thing men did
and isn’t even intended
for profit or applause

though overwhelmingly there
by the hundred-mile, by the billion -
on buoyed on blue air
a feather, a leaf, a hair
would fall through...Can someone

resent that probability
might not apply up there —
only a purity
of form and radiance he
must look up to but can’t share






Quilt blocks that were supposed to be pieced into a wallhanging but I neglected to make sure I had enough fabric in one pattern to make a cohesive group, so there they hang, on my quilt wall. I love that thing.

Tell me that the first one looks like nestled hearts. My mother, to this day, cannot see that.

Really light on knitting content because zippo knitting has been done. On the bright side, zippo ripping.

I'm reading Louisa May Alcott's A Long Fatal Love Chase . It's an easy read and other than the few clunky expository transistions, LMA is keeping me on the edge of my seat.

The twists and turns, the wicked deeds! The poor wronged innocent. I confess. I can't empathize with Rosamund's problems. Thankfully. The book is so old fashioned. (Granted, not so surprisingly.) The whole masterful manner of the men and even the grudging obedience of the women is wild to read, it's so unlike our day and age. It's hard to imagine that it was the norm not all that long ago.

I can almost see all the March girls rolled up into Rosamund, but that could be projecting. Philip Tempest is so temptuous! Tempting!

Don't forget Dancing With The Stars tonight! Remember, one phone, one computer, 10 votes! Where else does this happen? Never mind. Not that I would want to sway your votes, but Jerry Rice could use a few.......[sway. sway. sway...]

Tom Sizemore is on The Big Idea With Danny Deutsch tonight at 7pm and 10pm. I have this sad fascination for TS. I have terrible taste in men.

Without A Trace. Anthony LaPaglia. Enrique Murciano. Possibly the Blue Velvet rip off episode.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally see the nested hearts.

I love "old fashioned" books, though the feminist in me tends to get mad about the very things that make them fascinating. :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely poem... Sheba looked very cloudlike in that picture, too.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I can see the nestled hearts!

What won out the other night? House or Scrubs. We kind of did both.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Thank you, imbrium, and exactly how I feel about the book.

Doesn't she, Chris? That's why I thought of that poem. The pic really just a close up blurred copy of an old pic, but hey. It's art.

Scrubs, but I kept fliping over to House, which, thankfully, I taped. But haven't watched yet. Hate network executives. Watch Scrubs get cancelled this year. HATE!

zoofcq? That sums up my day perfectly.

5:24 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

You would probably love the story one of my "beings" is wrting. She is a medieval woman who becomes a knight (in disguise) for the king, battles very well but decides fighting is not for her and asks to leave and the king says only if she will become regent in his place. However she misses being ordinary so she frequently travels in disguise as ordinary nobility. Take that for mastery (mistressry?) **CV

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home