Monday, February 06, 2006

Lessons Learned

......mostly by eavesdropping. Vamoose is the singular. Vameese is the plural.

Okay, not so much lessons as lesson. And not so much eavesdropping as passing by on the trail and overhearing. Another exchange:

Kid: (excitedly) "Look at the plant I found, Dad!"
Dad: (deadpan) "I think that plant is poisonous, son."

I love all the Silent Poetry of February 2nd. What a great idea. It's fascinating to see all the different poems and people.

clarelight-ly was listing her On The Needles projects - I don't think she's as unusual as she thinks. I've got

Nancy Bush Norwegian socks. One done, one to the heel turn.

Nancy Bush .....not malamute socks. One done, one to the instep.

Pink Cabled Scarf - will be done around the end of time

Valentine Stole - will I frogged it back to where I forgot the garter stitch part and reset the stitchmarkers, so it's about half way done.

The Valentine Tank Top. Mostly because I am an idiot and when it said, work same as front, I finished the neck binding and then.......bound off. Without doing the shoulder bit.

Oatmeal cable sweater. All but the back done and I might just frog the whole thing anyway because 3 years for a wool yarn and cable that I love but the pattern not so much? Too long.


A white and gold striped tank from Knitter's. Hmm. I need to dig that one out and see how far I am.

The Vest That My Dad Will Get Someday - someday, somewhere, somehow. It's so close too.

Now I'm a'feared to look to see what yarn I have. I buy it just because it's pretty too, not that I have any idea of what I'll make out of it. It knows. Hopefully it will share.

How lame is it that I'm dreading my first Valentine's Day without Sheba? I never missed any of my ex husbands. Maybe because I had Sheba? And she was better than all of them combined? At least Sheba never rifled through my purse or slept with my best friend. Whoops, yes, I think she did sleep with her. But I believe her when she said they just "fell asleep".

4 Comments:

Blogger chittavrtti said...

And up here I have sfms (single fingerless mitt syndrome). But that is okay cuse I'll just go console myself at powell's ***CV

9:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Boy, chittavrtti sure loves to taunt us with the Powell's thing!

*hug*
Carrie - It makes total sense to me about dreading VDay without Sheba...

Could you see it in your heart to get a kitten? Maybe VDay would be a good day to do that?? No, he/she wouldn't be Sheba, but would become his/her own comforting/distracting little self...

5:39 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You've got some great WIPs.

I don't think that it's lame that you are dreading Valentine's without Sheba. It just shows how much you miss her.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Pffft to chittavrtti and her access to Powell's. [sob]. I'm not jealous at all.

I'm gradually adopting Hezekiah. I would get another cat in a heartbeat - there are plenty that need lots of love around - but living sitch says no new cats at this time.

All WIPs, tabbytux. I need some FO's!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home