Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I have the Plague. At least it feels like the plague.

At least now I'm mobile, fever free and I can swallow and actually digest liquids. Yuck. It just whammed me Sunday morning. I like colds where I have a nice hallucinogenic fever, everything is a little hazy and sweet, possibly a bit of a frog in my throat and I can lay in bed and read. I do not like illnesses (like the Plague that I have) where my fever is so high that I'm shaking with cold and have to take a bath because my unshaved legs are driving me crazy that then mutates into some hideous variant where I can't swallow, keep anything down, sleep, rest, read or watch TV because my head is pounding like a jack hammer.

Yeah, yeah, that's how I spent my Valentine's Day. It's not the worst one either.

How are the Olympics Going? I see some progress and some pacing problems, and frankly some knitting that makes me green with envy but..............it's still anyone's Gold right now!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick! I swear, illness is passing through the blogosphere.

Glad you're feeling better!

If you need a laugh, my blog entry of today will do it. All I can say is... he's a weird cat. That's it.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yuck, so sorry to hear you've been so sick, but glad that your feeling better.

It's this awful time of year, I swear.

Now don't overdo it, still rest so you continue to get better.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! Glad you're feeling better.

And why is it that we can feel each individual leg hair when we're sick? I thought it was just me....

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get better soon!

5:32 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I wondered where you went. I am glad you're feeling better :) Shall I go sit in the Powell's health and wellness section and think of you? ;)***CV

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home