Friday, February 17, 2006

The Plague continues to plague me


........but it's morphing into consumption, if by consumption you mean suddenly choking, coughing, hacking, possibly a furball but it feels more like tonsils attempting to escape through the mouth and nose simultaneously. Harumph. Yes, er, lovely image. At least not fatal. Except to appetites everywhere.


Pretty country road, eh? Kirker Pass between Concord and Pittsburg by whatever the Concord Pavilion is called these days and the home of the White Witch of Nortonville. Not taken today. It's raining! Weird. I was sitting in the back yard in the sun on Tuesday. Now I hear it's snowing on the Altamont Pass, but that's a bit south of us.

I finished my Ugly Socks last night! Huzzah! I immediately put them on because wool is warm. I have high hopes of finishing my oldest UFO, the Other Norwegian Sock. You know, in this century. Possibly before the month or week is out. There! That should jinx it.

Too late to vote for Dancing With The Stars tonight, but as long as Jerry Rice stays in and Drew wins ultimately, I'm happy. Michael Buble is the guest singer tonight.

If, of course, you're not watching Stargate SG1. Then, of course, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica.

Of course, of course, a horse that's hoarse, if ever a being could it would! Oh geez. I think I'm delirious. That's a little combo of the Mr. Ed theme song, something from The Wizard of Oz and of course, crazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

My god, woman, are you feverish?! :)

I'm glad you finished some toasty warm socks at least!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Carrie! I hope you feel better soon. That doesn't sounds good.

6:34 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Aha! I am not alone in my verbal wanderings :) So are you doing famous illnesses? Plague, consumption are you due for legionnaire's next? oh dear!Do get well soon. I want to see the sox finished ;)**CV

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I hope you feel better soon! Stay home and stay warm.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home