Thursday, February 23, 2006

Book Meme! Awesome.


Lifted from *Chris:

Meme instructions: Look at the list of books below. Bold the ones you've read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won't, underline the ones on your book shelf, and (place parentheses around the ones you've never even heard of).

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
Life of Pi - Yann Martel

Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
Neuromancer - William Gibson
Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis

Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
{Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell}
The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman
Atonement - Ian McEwan

The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway - Hated it.
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood - Never actually finished it.
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert

I used to keep my TBR books on their own little section but since it threatened to take over the world, they got slotted into their respective categories, since I tend to read categorically anyway. Or whatever is available/portable/too hard to put down.

No knitting news, other than my stitchmarkers are ready! I'm so excited. Adamas Shawl, here I come. After I finish The Vest. All these FO's are mocking it and I can't have that.


*Who also told me what to google for to learn underlining and strikethroughs. Too cool!

10 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

Ah hah! I have fought throught the Fortifications of Technological Incompetence and found your blog! You can't hide from me now! Bwaahaaha!

Read Cryptonomicon. It's one of my favourite books ever.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You can never have too many books. I've probably got around three thousand counting craft books. I counted them a year ago & I was so surprised at how many there were. They are contained - for the most part anyway - on bookshelves so it doesn't seem like that many. At least to me!

Did you see Mim's new shawl she posted today? It's a must knit beauty!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The stitch markers eagerly await the knitting!

Are you planning on reading Life of Pi next month? It's a great book.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you have against Donna Tartt and The Secret History? huh?

Just kidding, I've never read it, but it's been recommended to me many times.

Book stores and yarn stores are my two downfalls in life, I swear.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You're very welcome. Hopefully the world is ready for your newfound knowledge. ;)

I love this peek at everyone's bookshelves...

I second Peeve re: Cryptonomicon. I even referenced it in my master's thesis!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'll have to do this one, although I am embarrassed at the ones I haven't read and the ones I have never heard of.

7:07 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Interesting. You're the seconed person who doesn't know Cloud Atlas. It's one of those books that catches my eye everytime I go into the bookshop.

I do love your book photo. I lived next door to a lady whose every room was so decorated. ***CV

9:37 PM  
Blogger Blush said...

oh you should check out catcher in the rye...

and the curious incident of the dog in the night-time is excellent too

9:39 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I think I'm too old for Catcher in the Rye now, Blush. I'd probably want to box his ears.

So is Cloud Atlas any good? I'll have to look it up, I really don't remember ever seeing it. There is no such thing as too many books, but 3000 crafting books alone? You've got me beat.

All Mim's shawls are awesome looking. I'm going to have to stop reading her blog.

Oh no! Peeve has fought through the Fortifications of Technological Incompetence! there's no stopping her now!

you know, it just might've been my TI. Maybe.

3:53 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

This is a great meme! I just did it (and linked back to you) on Tea Leaves. I'm going to take Chitavrtti's advice and look up Cloud Atlas. She's never steered me wrong!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home