Saturday, February 25, 2006

Save a Printer. Blog.

Really, it's the program I want to heave out the window, but the printer is easier. Who programs something that you can't collate? Automatically? After a fruitless, frustrating, curse filled hour (and incidentally, being directly responsible for the death of a forest), I finally stopped trying to collate it myself and printed it out. One. By. One. Over the years I've gotten so that I can tell someone over the phone on how to assemble an individual return because more people than I would have believed possible, go home, take out the staple and then apparently start flinging the papers about in either wild abandon or rage. Maybe both. But these forms? Argh.

Anyway. Thankfully the Olympics are over tomorrow because I am a) jealous of the amazing work done in an incredibly short period of time b) bored because you all are knitting and not blogging and amusing me (while I'm supposed to be working, but still) and c) uhhhh, that covers it.

What else is going on tomorrow? I get my stitchmarkers! Dancing With the Stars finale is at 8pm! I'm going to start the Adamas Shawl! Finish The Vest! Work! Join Exclamation Mark Over Usage Anonymous!


I finally figured out how to get a copy of this. Save As. Did I ever claim to be technologically competent? I did? I was lying. Someday I'm going to make it through their password system and get the T-Shirt. I'm not sure where I'll wear it, I don't actually tell people I've got a blog. My best friend pried it out of me and it's not like I don't tell her everything anyway, or post anything all that interesting.

Case in point. We're going out for dinner in.....about an hour. So what did I just do? Ate a vanilla yogurt w/wheat germ. Not that I was hungry. Not that the yogurt was the good-for-you non fat kind (it wasn't. It's Brown Cow's Cream Top Vanilla and it. is. yummy.) Did you know that a serving of wheat germ is two tablespoons? I, uh, sort of poured half a cup in it. I like wheat germ.

See? What could be less interesting?

Yarn related: I bought some Elsebeth Lavold (or however she actually spells her name) Silky Wool and Silky Tweed yarn to make a twinset from a 1997 Knitter's Magazine I suddenly came to realize I couldn't live without. (The yarn. I plan on being finished with it sometime in the 2000's. Any year that starts with a 2 sounds doable.) The jacket is going to be orange (because I was jonesing for orange yesterday) and the shell'll be a dark brown w/orange flecks. When the Silk Tweed yarn gets delivered, I'll show pix of the lot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love your word cloud!!

Heh, my life is pretty uneventful. It's all done with mirrors and cat fur. :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My hubby got me a blog word cloud t-shirt for my b-day. My son loves it. He reads the whole thing aloud every time I wear it. LOL!

Is that the cabled twinset?? If it's the one I'm thinking of I loved that one too. What color did you get?

5:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Duh - guess I can't read where it says what color in your post!! Sorry.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Notice how the name Chris is there? It must be everywhere in BlogLand, I see you all over! I'm surprised "really", "actually" and "although" are not 100 feet tall.

Stephanie, it's the I cord twinset that I think Lily Chin designed. Garter stitch, I cording edge and cable. So it looks deceptively easy.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home