Monday, February 27, 2006

The Dream, The Glory, The knitting!














The Dream
by Aleksandr Pushkin

Not long ago, in a charming dream,
I saw myself -- a king with crown's treasure;
I was in love with you, it seemed,
And heart was beating with a pleasure.
I sang my passion's song by your enchanting knees.
Why, dreams, you didn't prolong my happiness forever?
But gods deprived me not of whole their favor:
I only lost the kingdom of my dreams.

And the Olympic Knitting Event comes to a close. Wow, you guys that participated have done some amazing work! Congratulations to everyone who participated. Now I can stop feeling like such an unchallenged slacker. It's been awe inspiring looking at your WIPs.

Stitchmarkers! Jennifer of Craftylily made me these for my Adamas Shawl. And yes, I did pose them in many, many settings. Trust me, there are more pictures.









This is the turquoise scarf so far........and, incidentally, more stitchmarkers from Jennifer. It's a kind of polka dot pattern from one of the Harmony Stitch Pattern books. What? It's totally not a new project. It's uh......something else.




Was that great about Drew and Cheryl winning Dancing With the Stars or what? (Quit muttering "or what." I can hear you, you know.) I loved that Jerry Rice placed second. Go Jerry!

Final episode of Bleak House on PBS last night. I had to breakdown and buy the DVD today.

Tonight The Apprentice returns! Too bad The Donald is being such a twit about Martha's Apprentice show. I liked her show better, which is probably why they cancelled it. The tasks were more geared towards actual work they might do.

Medium w/Patricia Arquette at 10pm on NBC. It's not just her cute husband and the detective that's saddled with her that makes this show so good. The family interaction is so.......family. Psychic, but family.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! You should cast on for as many projects as possible to maximize your stitch marker usage.

Have you commented on Dancing with the Stars yet? Did I miss it?

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...the colors in that scarf...yummy.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Good idea, Michelle! It's showing off stitchmarkers, not an inability to commit or finish anything.

Yup, you missed the DWTS commentary. I was probably editing the post as you were replying to it.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Thanks, Imbrium!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The stitchmarkers in their natural habitat... Beautiful!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what pretty stitch markers, I love how they match the yarn so well.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Pretty stitchmarkers!

Does the top picture mean a cooling of hostilities?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Great stitch markers and beautiful yarn! I need to do this stitch marker thing. I am still using little brass jump rings.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to marry Patricia Arquette's Medium husband. And I'm not the marrying kind.

Love the stitch markers

5:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pretty stitchmarkers. I agree, you need to maximize your stitchmarker use, so you need the maximum number projects possible.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute stitch markers...they always add that little bit of something special to knitting! And you're not a slacker...lol!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I taped that final episode of Bleak House and we'll watch it tonight - can't wait! The scarf looks gorgeous - what a great combination of textures and colors!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home