Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fat Tuesday and What sets us apart from Other Mammals



My thumb is killing me but it will just have to suck it up and deal because apposable thumbs? Indispensable.




Your Hidden Talent



You have the power to persuade and influence others.

You're the type of person who can turn a whole room around.

The potential for great leadership is there, as long as you don't abuse it.

Always remember, you have a lot more power over people than you might think!



Ha. If I had it, I'd abuse it.(Shamelessly lifted from Lynne aka Yarnivorous)

Oh, and this is timely. (Also shamelessly lifted, this time from Dalai Mama.) It's the Monday the 27th post, about the fearsome Al-gebra movement.

More to come later, when I agonize online about what (if anything) I should give up for Lent. Desserts? I did that a couple of years ago and managed to lose about 15 pounds painlessly, but should I use Lent as a diet? It seems wrong. I could give up coffee, but I fear for people's lives. Also? Withdrawals. I admit it. I am a Coffee Junkie. I'm already working 24/7 10ish/7 and since I keep wanting to read, watch TV and knit, I seem to have given up sleeping, but since I'm snapping people's heads off, it seems shortsighted.

Argh.

Later. Must. Work. Well, I must, but when there are quizzes like this around, what's a girl to do?

Vizzini

Which Princess Bride Character are You?
this quiz was made by mysti


Other than cry when Wallace Shawn is my alter ego.

And edited to add the All Important Television Viewing Schedule tonight because nothing is more fun than Not Working because I know you depend on me:

8pm
CBS: NCIS. Maybe the new Director will die in a blaze of glory or during one of the horrible, horrible Paris flashbacks and we’ll find out that Lauren Holly was the tragic lost love of Mark Harmon’s life and he’s hallucinating her now. Whatever it takes to get her off my screen.

(PBS) Nova: Artic Passage Two expeditions, one tragic, one triumphant, to pioneer a passage through the Northwest Passage. I love watching expeditions from the comfort of my comfy, warm bed.

History Channel: Risk Takers/History Makers. John Wesley Powell (1834-1902) explores the Colorado River and Grand Canyon for 3 months in 1869. With him are three other people I’ve never heard of (but probably should have). Can you imagine the Grand Canyon over one hundred years ago? It must have been fabulous.

9pm
Scrubs! (NBC)
No House :(

10pm
Boston Legal. I like this show every time I watch it (I miss Keen Eddie) but do I watch it all that often? No.

If you're up at 11 (which, please, I won't be), watch The Daily Show. It's on at 8pm too, but I never, ever catch it then. Why couldn't "They" have left it at 7pm? Why?

Cheese. That's an idea, Peeve.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor thumb. You know my nephew when he was about 1 1/2 would sit in his carseat, and well anywhere in the house, and look at his thumbs and yell thumbs off. And he'd grab them and try to pull them off. We had to hide all the knives because he was smart enough, but not wise enough not to, to try and cut them off. He's 19 now, he still has his thumbs fortunately.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ow, ow! How did you hurt your thumb? And more importantly, will it interfere with your knitting??

Perhaps you could give up something like cheese for Lent? Something it is possible to live without, but you will feel the lack of it?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Cut off his thumbs? There's a fairy tale in there somewhere, rebekah.

It can't interfere! Life without knitting?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

What happened, Carrie?!

Heh, I came out as Buttercup ("well... you were dead").

5:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope your thumb recovers! Ouch!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

My coworker always gives up beer for Lent... then switches to hard liquor for the duration. Hmm.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, no! Thumb injury! And may I just say that Lauren Holly on NCIS has got to go. She's going to get it canceled and then how will I see Mark Harmon every week?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I've never seen NCIS and I feel your pain. Thumbs down on Lauren Holly.

We must have something in common because I took the quiz and got the same result. Princess Bride is the coolest movie. Scared my son to death unfortunately!

9:21 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

We read Princess Brde for story last year. Can you guess how many of the children (boys and girls) came in dressed as the man in black?***CV

9:40 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

So I took the quiz: the clergyman ?? twoo wuv wasts foevuh and evuh :)***CV

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I'm Fezzik. I am not sure why. Thanks for the link. I hope your thumb feels better Carrie!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home