Friday, March 10, 2006

Season Finale For Sci-Fi Friday

Stargate SG1 wraps up its 9th season tonight. With any luck, they'll find the weapon that can kill ascended beings and use it on every Ori in all universes because the Ori? Are a boring enemy. They sound good on paper but have been dull. as. dirt. Say what you will about the Goa'uld, but they were, for the most part, a good looking bunch. The Ori? Creepy looking. Why is every religious nutcase alien culture dressed in medieval garb? Just once I'd like to see them dressed like the Jetsons or Star Trek: The Next Generation. Claudia Black joins the cast next season. Here's hoping it's not a Vala's Baby arc.

Stargate Atlantis brings back Tripp from the Enterprise Michael the Wraith (Conner Trineer) for their season finale. I'm enjoying Atlantis more than SG1 lately. Maybe because the Wraith, while equally ugly are more entertaining? Maybe because I have an uncharacteristic crush on Rodney McKay? I like Ronin and Dr Beckett and I love the humor in the show. Maybe it's just more fun. I think that SG1 suffered from losing so many characters all at once. Janet Frazier, Hammond of Texas, Jack, Jacob. Not even my love of Ben Browder makes up for their loss. (Not that I'm skipping the show or anything).

And last, but certainly not least, Battlestar Galactica. I follow this one more hit or miss and I don't know why because every time I watch it, even if I've missed episodes, it's always gripping.

Yes, clearly this is What To Watch tonight. I'd post knitting content but all I've done is rip back the row on the shawl, do a couple more repeats on the turquoise scarf and contemplate ripping it all out. It's gonna be scratchy. I can't stand scratchy and Rachel doesn't like it much either. Unless I can turn it into a purse or a cell phone holder (not that she has a cellphone. Not that she doesn't want one) there really doesn't seem much point to keep knitting it. Something about getting home roughly 40 minutes before I crash makes knitting hard.

Oh! I had the weirdest dream the other night. I was teaching someone to count change. I hate that they take your $20 bill for a $12.87 purchase, enter it into the register and count back $7.13 in change which ends up with the dime and 3 pennies on top of the dollar bills. The *right way to do it is to count three cents to equal 90 cents, a dime to bring it to $13, two one dollar bills to $15 and then a $5 to total the $20 the customer gave you.

*and by right, I mean My Way.

Look what a client made me. Isn't that the cutest bookmark ever?



Snow again on Mt Diablo this morning. I might be able to wear my wool stuff after all. I can't remember the last time it snowed on Mt Diablo (but yeah, I know that it's happened) but more than once in the year? Amazing. You might have to click on the picture to see it. I snapped it pulling out of the library parking lot.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ok, let me try again. Have you rented the TV series Firefly? Awesome, I'm telling you.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Worse, I watched it while it was still on Fox in primetime and then THEY CANCELLED IT.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband will be so happy she's joing SG-1 next season, he thinks she's so hot. Of cours eyou know they won't find the weapon and destroy the Ori tonight, it will have to go into next season.

I do miss the old characters, although I do like the SG team as it is, I just wonder how many more seasons the show can handle. I hope many, I don't know what I'd do with my friday's without it.

We are the same with Gallatica as you are.

Are you going to watch the DR. Who next week?

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am counting down the hours until Sci Fi Friday! Also? I like Col. Shepherd on SGA. A lot. And the guy with the dreads. He's hot. No point in even starting a BG list of hotties. I don't have all day.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mention of Star Trek TNG made me remember the best alien costume ever! Do you remember the episode with the sort of Irish peasant aliens, and the woman wearing the off the shoulder, belly bearing Aran sweater? I died laughing, and I wasn't even a knitter yet! Of course, they weren't religious nutcase aliens, but still. We should have a contest to design the best knitted alien costume.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I can see the snow on Mt. Diablo. It is a beautiful mountain. I am jealous...it is 88 degrees here in Texas. With any hope I will get to see some snow this week. We are headed out west to Utah for a trip.

4:31 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Cute yarny bookmark ;o) Wow - what is the temperature where you are, when there is snow up there?

We used to watch SG too!, before we moved. We only get two channels here in our backwoods town, the local weather/news (which runs old stuff when they don't have anything new.. really, it's true. ) and PBS. We could subscribe to cable... but Netflix is much more reliable ;o)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That photo of Mt Diablo is stunning, snow or not. :)

Um, ok, I don't get any tv channels, so I didn't watch anything on the tube tonight. I did go to a play about the Buddha at a puppet and mask theater. :)

8:03 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I'll have to try the sloth!

You'll want to see this pic ;o) He has such a cute face!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Cute, Rhelynn!

No TV. Still can't wrap my mind around it, Chris......lol.

I don't see the comment, but someone emailed me about the best view of cherry blossoms and Mt Diablo, and I'd suggest driving Mitchell Canyon Rd, or really, calling the REI in Concord. I'm sure they've got hikes and/or tips.

Dr. Who looks good!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

You HAVE to watch Firefly!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home