Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday Post

Because it sure ain't Saturday. It's a Tuesday, through and through. The last weekend a distant memory, the next weekend too far away to count.

And on a more upbeat note, here's my haul from Jenni! Isn't that yarn gorgeous?














Here it is, balanced precariously in my lap (minus the chocolate). Oh, you can't really see the burgundy color in either pic. Bummer. I'll try the Ott lite at home, later.














And this is what I cast on last night because......because....because I hadn't started anything new in ages and was compelled to. You can't tell it's I-cord w/picked up stitches, partly because the yarn is dark and partly because I think I should've done a mini one to figure out the configuration first. And the gauge. Yeah. Because I'm all about gauge.
















Kitty pic! Escaping. She likes to get under the covers until......I don't know, heat prostration hits? And then she dives out for the open window.












Medium pre-empted last night for stupid Heist. Grrrr. Note to NBC: I am NEVER going to watch Heist, particularly since you took one of my favorite shows spot to air it in. Phhhht.

Caught The Queer Case of the Irish Crown Jewels on KQED last night. (The link isn't to the PBS website because I couldn't find any info on it there). I'd never even known that Ireland had Crown Jewels, much less stolen. Turns out the deed was just as likely to have been committed by Francis Shackleton (brother of Ernest Shackleton, the explorer played by Kenneth Branagh) but Sir Arthur Vicars took the fall as Francis Shackleton had an alibi and was married to King Edward's favorite sister, and if that wasn't enough, was the lover of.......some bigwig. Big cover-up! Possible scandal! Fun stuff.

Tonight - House returns! Yay!

Wednesday looks particularly good for TV too. At 8pm, The Story of 1 narrated by Terry Jones, tells how the Hindu Zero and the Arabic numerals liberated us from Rome amoung other accomplishments, Lost at 9pm (hopefully with much more Sayid this episode), and then CSI-NY.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, fun box o' goodies from Jenni!

Who knows what goes on in the minds of kitties when they do such odd things...

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haul!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

Yay! Great package! I got a bit distracted there with the Starbucks coffee... but yes, beautiful yarn! ;)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for telling me house was on tonight, I would have completely forgot to tape it!

Nice yarn and goodies.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ooooo, Misti Alpaca...

House is back? Yay!

2:49 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Wow, it all looks great! I really like that yarn ;o)

funny about the cat -- Sally likes to sleep pressed in the small of my back, or my tummy. I feel really bad when I hear 'mrpphh (meow, muffled)' and have to find her in the covers ;o)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home