Sunday, April 02, 2006

Thief! Stop! Stop thief!

Someone stole an hour from me.

I hate daylight saving time. It doesn't change a minute of the amount of daylight available. It means that when I'm getting up at my normal break-of-dawn time, I didn't have any time to knit this morning, there were other *people out and about and I was gypped out of an hour that I could really, really use this time of year.

*They looked like people but they acted like Zombies. Now I know why I'm such a Mary Sunshine in the morning. It's an irresistible impulse, it's annoying, and there is nothing they can do but growl feebly in my direction since they're not quite awake and functioning. Good morning, Sunshine! You too!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I hate this time change. Hate it, I tell you.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I hate it too! Yuck!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I despise springing forward. Particularly when I go to bed suddenly "late" tonight and then have trouble getting up at an abnormally early hour.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Erg... (Mindless moan)

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Saskatchewan for a year or so, and they don't observe the time changes, so you'd have to keep track of what time it was where, like "hmm, it's May, are we two hours behind Toronto now or three"? Screwed me up for life, it did.

6:56 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I agree - it's awful. Not only do you lose an hour, but then you lose another hour changing all the clocks!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I lost an hour twice yesterday! Forgot to change the clocks in the office, worked, went home, was quite annoyed to discover that I was an hour off - again.

LOL, Christine!

Corrie, my grandmother is from Swift Current, Saskatchewan. Sensible folk. Hate DST. Hate. It.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oh dear, I feel quite lucky at the moment - we just wound our clocks back an hour down here in Australia, so I got a whole extra hour for my holidays.!

4:16 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

We put our clocks forward a week ago and it was horrible.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it in the fall when I get my extra hour of sleep back, just not fond of it in the spring when it steals from me.

9:51 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Heh.. I like your take on the 'not-awake' crowd ;o)

My cats are trying to make dawn my normal wake up time... so far its just upping my coffee intake.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home