Friday, April 07, 2006

Death By Caffeine How much of your favorite caffeinated drink would it take to kill you? Take this quick test and find out:
It would take 292.50 cups of Starbucks Tall Caffe Latte to put you down.

Ha. I could drink that standing on my head and doing cartwheels and juggling. Hmm. Maybe a wee bit too much caffeine at that. That was brought to you via Kat With A K.

Unbelievably, my work is not doing itself. Doesn't it realize there's a deadline? A really, really close deadline? And I don't want to do it anymore?

Oh, and I meant, look away, Mim, so that you wouldn't see what an idiot I am, and not as a reflection on your instructions. Because seriously. Not noticing that I'm knitting from the top down? Not realizing that I'm making a triangle shape? How?

Reading Moll Flanders (well, listening to it in the car - I love this! For once it's worked really well, I'm on the last cassette) I'm re-thinking the Dr. Who scarf. For one thing, well, I could make a bad excuse for it, but it's not really a good fit. (Shockingly enough. But if it was still winter? It would so be my project. And a long wool scarf - what are the odds it's going to stay that cold around here? It's amazing we've had this much rain/cold as it is.) Hey. Which it is. Again. Raining. Wow.

I was thinking that the gorgeous Misti Alpaca Jenni got me would make a good Moll project. The burgundy color is perfect, because Moll is n't really a red woman, but she's no innocent pink neither. The Wool Peddlar's Shawl from Folk Shawl is the right time period (I think), but I'm thinking that maybe the Garter Lace Prairie Shawl might be right. She did spend time in Virginia (prairie, right? Right?), the Misti Alpaca is so much finer than the pattern would suggest - Moll is led completely by misfortune and fate into her......well, misfortunes and fate. So she says. So much finer than her actions would suggest....

Dr Who tonight! Part 2. Outside of that, I have no idea. I watched House - what is with those roomies? There's more to Jimmy Wilson than meets the eye. Bones was actually good Wednesday night. Yay! I love me David Boreanaz (although possibly butchering his name). Hey it was a good week for Buffy/Angel alums, Buffy's little sister was the sick girl on House (yeah, I can't think of her name on the show but it's Michelle Trachtenberg, late of AMC), and Lindsay of Angel was on Bones. And General Chegwidden formerly of JAG! (On Bones. Keep up.) (It's me? Oh, it probably is.) But I'm glad to see that the show is better because the first few episodes I wanted to smack the chick into the middle of next week.

Waiting for me from Netflix is Layer Cake with the new James Bond, Kiss Me Deadly (1955) a Mickey Spillane thriller, and Scarlet Street . Edgar G. Robinson is the protagonist in it. Yes, I am having a thing for old movies, every since I re-watched Out of the Past last week. Robert Mitchum AND Kirk Douglas! Both more or less bad! With a bad girl. What's not to love? It's my favorite movie ever.

Okay, brief knitting content. Not mine. Not for a week, I'm sure. Are those cool or what? They're only a few centuries old. I'd love to knit something along those lines one day.



Have I mentioned how much I hate, loathe and despise Daylight Saving Time? No? I hate it! Hate it! Had another migraine yesterday, thank God for prescriptions that actually work on migraines and don't leave you comatose.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You are so funny (and right on) with your color analysis of Moll. I think either of those shawls would make a good Moll project.

I was also thinking purses. You know, since she collected them.
That's what was going on right? ;)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Grrr - dratted migraines! But bless the drugs they've come up with lo these past few years...

And y'know I'm cursing DST right there with ya.

156.00 cups of Starbucks Grande Caffe Mocha + Me = Death

Height and weight are helpful here.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm beginning to really like Bones too.

Moll Flanders is going rather slowly for me, though I like it. I'm reading it and not listening to it though. Could be part of the problem.

I've got two sets of stitch markers left if you want them. They're the words ones and the crystal ones. Let me know if you want them, and I'll set them aside.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Layer Cake, but I personally, think Daniel Craig, the new Bond, is all kinds of sexy.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I get migraines too, and I also take drugs for them. I couldn't function if I didn't.

I can't wait to see what you knit from the Misti Alpaca.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

It sounds like you are doing some good thinking about your Moll project. I'm hoping to have more time for listening to it this weekend. I really like what I've heard so far.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

The worst thing about DST is having to figure out how to reset the clock in my car stereo AGAIN...it is not very intuitive and I can never remember what I did that worked 6 months ago.

12:12 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Oh Wow what a wonderful barrage of ideas and topics -- we've added that movie to our Netflix queue ;o)

Heh..the work is either deaf, or it has it's own work it is avoiding too.

Pretty gloves!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

Hah! In my car, you hold the "display" button for two seconds, hit display again, turn the volume dial to adjust the clock, and then hit display again to save. When randomly pushing buttons, it takes a looooong time to get that sequence right!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you figure out how to get the work to do itself, can you teach me how to get the apartment to clean itself? I mean, it's that, or the cats are going to have to figure out how to run the vacuum cleaner...and considering it scares the bejeezus out of them, I'm thinking that's unlikely.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home