Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Random Babbling

House Part 2 is on at 8pm tonight. WTH is Cameron's problem? Or Foreman's for that matter? I'd've had him fired or serving time (or both). Needlesticking someone? And Wilson was barely onscreen. That's just wrong.

Boy, that swatch looks muddy in that picture (previous post). I keep picking out colors (of brown, naturally) that have flecks of other colors that are only visible to me. Well, they must be visible elsewhere but I might need to take a pic in natural light (and not with my camera phone, on my desk).

Not yet though. Camera batteries charging. I've got lovely pics of the lovely lilacs that it turns out I'm quite allergic too. Now I remember why all my hobbies are indoors. I can't breathe outside. Nature. So overrated.

It was gorgeous, gorgeous Monday. I even got a bit burnt. How, I don't know, I was in the shade. It's such a lovely tan-line because it's basically just my shins and I'm crossing my legs. Very Avant Garde looking. Yesterday it was warm and sultry. Hez and I sat out on the deck while I finished reading Fairy Tale (quirky but interesting) and she toyed with the toy mouse.

So I'm currently reading Deadly Feasts: Tracking the Secrets of a Terrifying New Plague by Richard Rhodes. (Mad Cow disease). I have a feeling that I'm not going to want to eat much other than vegetables by the time I'm done. And possibly chocolate.

Today's weather? Freezing. Windy. Cold. Went out to water the vegetable beds and came back in and put on a sweatshirt. Brrrr.

Today's gas prices? Insane. $3.31 at the cheap station. Unreal.

My doctor made me wait an hour last Friday before he could see me (okay, undoubtedly it was because of other patients running over and/or having emergencies but I blame him), and in retaliation I made him wait while I finished frogging a row on the Lacy Prairie Shawl. (Well, and because you all know. You have to finish a row. Especially lace.) Then I sent it to its room to ponder its bad behavior but pulled it out last night and dressed it up with pretty stitchmarkers so hopefully it'll go a bit easier. It was just such an easy repeat that I didn't think I needed to, but I was wrong. (Wow. Those three words sound so wrong together.)

He thinks I have carpal tunnel and can stave it off with cortisone shots and OTC ibuprofen. Okay, I think that. He thinks I should have the surgery, but I've seen what they do. Yuck.

For the Tudor Roses KAL I don't have a yarn picked out yet. I haven't finished a single swatch. But. What I do have? Books lined up to read during the knitting of Elizabeth I.

- The Queens Conjurer
- The Uncrowned Kings of England: The Black History of the Dudleys and the Tudor Throne
- Her Majesty's Spymaster: Elizabeth I, Sir Francis Walsingham, and the Birth of Modern Espionage
-The Wild Irish : A Novel of Elizabeth I and the Pirate O'Malley.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

The Tudor blog looks like so much fun! The knitting is beautiful! Too bad the book is out of print. I will need to see if I can get one.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh - I'll read the Dudley book too. Maybe it will give me a kick start on this colorwork - don't know why I am so freaked out by it...

Arrghh - forgot to watch House again!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I am green with envy over your reading list. I so need to get back to the history books that have been plaguing me.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It looks like you have some interesting and fun reading lined up!

I hope you are able to manage with the meds instead of the surgery. A mom of one of the son's classmates had the surgery and it didn't help. So not cool.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie, OT here...thanks for your comment on my blog, I did reply but am not sure if I did so correctly...sigh, Im new to this. I like your blog and added you to my blog roll if thats ok.

Elizabeth

11:31 AM  
Blogger Zee said...

Cameron was getting on my nerves, too. I had my needles at the ready to poke someone. Not to mention my knitty frustrations... *groan*

I love House. Absolutely love him.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeek...sorry about the scary carpal tunnel stuff. I know that between the knitting and the endless computer use, my time is coming.

12:52 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

how can we not have met before? your middle name is patience, and i have none.
i WISH that shop was my stash. I WISH. It's quickly becoming so, b/c I'm buying yarn like nobody's business.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, now I'm feeling pretty good about our gas prices - $2.76 a few blocks from home.

Bummer about the carpal tunnel. Is it affecting your knitting??

7:54 PM  
Blogger Janelle Martin said...

I'm with you there! I would have charged Foreman for sticking a need in me. But I guess that wouldn't have gone well with the plot.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home