Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thoughtless Thursday

*
Why is the Sci Fi Channel running Law & Order: Special Victims Unit? Step 5 on Dick Wolf's World Domination checklist? But WTH?
After House last night - and yay! Cameron biopsied Foreman's brain - I possibly would have done it without surgical tools or anesthesia but I'm just that kind of person - I was channel surfing idly around afterwards and found LOST [heh, heh, heh]. It's still on? Who knew? It might have been more tragic (the ending) if I'd watched any episode with Libby in it or didn't hate Ana Lucia so much. The tragic bit was that Sayid had a single lousy scene, that's the tragedy.

(no real mice were harmed in this picture. Hopefully, real mice are miles and miles away, cavorting in a field) .

Tonight Secrets of the Dead is on, but it's World War I (or II) and that gets enough coverage. I like my history a few centuries in the past. I've also got Intrigue & Treason in the Tudor Court on my bookshelves to read. And Dissolution, and probably others, but I have to knit sometime. I'm looking forward to the Tudor Roses KAL just for the reading and seeing what everyone else has knit (is knitting). Oh, and check out WIP Insanity for some beautiful knitting. I found her googling Eliz I but she, like Marina has some gorgeous stuff going on those needles.

Texas Ranch House was on PBS all week - completely missed it, even after Kat With A K reminded me, my brother asked me to tape it for him (I did, but I also ordered him the DVD from PBS. Just in case). Oh, and Kat With A K is starting up a new online magazine, Yarn Life, so pop by her blog and check it out.

A couple at the cauldron. Bird bath. We also get these teensy tiny brightly colored birds that are probably wild parakeets (a bit smaller) but I can never get a good shot.

Yet.

The summer is new.

The summer is not actually here either. After maybe four warm days it's back in the 70's. This is the East Bay? It should be broiling. I should be whining about the heat, not longing for it.
Nice road, eh? Not even a landslide. More like continental shift.

I bought a nice cheap Casio watch that's perfectly serviceable, nicely easy to read letters, several different modes, but evidently one of them was an alarm mode. I can't figure out which one it is or how to stop it. It's erratic too, sometimes it beeps on the hour (every hour) and sometimes its goes for hours wihout a peep. (No, I can't find the instructions. It was a $30 watch! I tossed it or lost it). Maybe I should go back and buy that nice Anne Klein watch I saw at Macy's.

This is the Moll Shawl all dressed up. So far, so good. See the wrapped yarn in the middle? That's what I have to knit to be back to where I was [sigh]. But isn't it pretty?





I'm on the verge of ordering Hempathy off the net for Eliz I without ever touching the stuff of seeing the color (whitish) just to have it. I suppose I should at least swatch the yarn I did get?

11 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

(That was me above--I had a type-o that made me appear pretty stupid)

Man! That road looks pretty messed up!

I watched the Texas Ranch House show on PBS last night. I live in Texas and all I can think about is "How can they stand the heat and humidity without AC?!?!" The heat here is brutal. And that's coming from someone that grew up in Phoenix.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

the reading looks intriguing.
I'm so so glad your middle name is Patience! One will require patience to wait on the package that is supposed to be coming from me. It's because I haven't finished up the next batch of pincushions and wanted to put one in for you.
Meanwhile, You've got me thinking I should re-read some of my Eliz while knitting from Tudor Roses.
Do swatch the Rowan cotton wool. I have some of it too (does that surprise you?) and I love it. Check out the drops cardi Michi just finished out of Rowan cotton-wool. It knits up beautifully. http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Drops88_04KAL/photos/view/47fc?b=4
also, have you looked at or knit with the Louet Sales Euroflax? Not a candidate for Eliz - but perfect warm weather yarn. Stiff as a board in the skein, softens and continues to soften with washing, wears like iron, incredible colors - do we think I need to stash enhance? LOL Find some if you can.

5:11 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I didn't notice exactly the colour of that mulberry? yarn -- pretttttty! There was a time when that was my favourite colour ;o) Very shiny and looking nicely dressed up too.

Thanks for the well wishes!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love the yarn of the Moll shawl. And your stitch markers - divine. :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

You'll love the Hempathy. There are some beautiful colors in it. I'm particuarly fond on the turqoise.

Didn't you love House? Foreman's eyes were freaky. I'll admit by the end of the episode I was hating him and Cameron is such a whiner. Maybe I just like House because Hugh Laurie is a brit and I love his sarcasm.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the kitty in the shade picture, although I believe it may be rare, because every cat I know basks in the sun. kitty must have been hot.

9:30 AM  
Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Hi in O-town from P-town! You know, to be really true to the Moll Flanders name you should have stolen the yarn that you are knitting the shawl with, which I am guessing you didn't. Party pooper. Beautiful shawl, though!

11:04 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I would have done the biopsy with one of those handsaws that go round and round and round...

1:27 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

**comforts you on the migraines** -- glad you're a kindred spirt (then not now) on the bronchial thing... I hope mine doesn't go on that long!

Speaking of redwork, it's not a very good picture, but here is what I'm working on today, inspired by looking at that magazine yesterday.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a beautiful color for a shawl. At least, it is on my computer screen.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home