Thursday, May 25, 2006

Well, that was smart of Lost. Having Sawyer and Sayid rip off their shirts and swim to a sailboat w/Jack in the opening scenes, pretty much gave them a pass for the whole show.

Bask in the Pretty.

The actual finale/resolution/teases weren't horrible either. The hatch thing at the end of last year was pretty lame, but it was the concentration on the new characters this past season that bored me silly. It's actually looking good for next year. Michael, you are a Bad Man. And not such a hot father either. Think they'll get far? Oh, and Clancy Brown! I love Clancy Brown. He turned Sayid, I think. The connections are what's really fun. (Since there is no sense in the rest of it).

Wasn't House wild? I didn't twig that it was all a hallucination until roughly the time he started making out with Cameron via the robot operating mechanism. Too bad he didn't diagnose the Tongue Guy.

I hear Audrey lived on 24. Why? Why? I miss Kiefer. I want to watch 24 again! (Except, come to think of it, I've never actually watched an entire season. I either come in at the end & catch up, or the razor edge of anticipation drives me crazy and I have to quit watching altogther.)

Dr. Who has a two part season finale coming up next week, so it's not over yet and soon The 4400 and The Dead Zone will start up. Ah, summertime. Bless the network executive who started airing new shows over the summer, especially with the television season shrinking from 28ish episodes to 22.

Notice all the TV talk? Because there is no discernable progress on any knitting/sewing/crafting. I've actually socialized. I'm off to the Farmer's Market/Concert Thursday night series tonight, but hopefully I'll get some knitting in. Also it'll hopefully be Jazz saxophone as advertised because the group last week was not so much Blues as 60's rock. Not the same thing, y'know?

Congratulations, Lyssa, for passing 8th Grade math 100%! That test was much harder than I expected. Did I know that in the 8th Grade? Yeah, not likely. I didn't really learn math until I went back to college and had to take Algebra again. Oddly enough, it finally made sense.

I've been reading Old Man's War by John Scalzi and it's a pretty entertaining sci fi war novel.

And for the bored with time on their hands, The Sublime Philsophical Crap Test.

Oh, and in truly tragic news (not), Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling were found guilty on nearly all counts. I hope they do hard time. Could you believe that Ken Lay tried to claim he had no idea what was going on? And they pay him a huge salary for what then, exactly?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say though, I can always count on being caught up on some of my favorite shows when I read your blog! Oh man i'm sad though that it's already time for the Dr. Who season finale.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Gah! I had to take drastic measures to avoid reading anything about Lost in your post. I've avoided watching or hearing anything about it this whole season because I'm determined to wait for the dvd set to come out so I can watch it all at once. Crazy huh?

2:30 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

I thought Lost was pretty good - I think Sayid's CIA guy was the 1st guy in the hatch. Next season should be good. :)

Your swap package will be put together when I get to my folks house this weekend & winging it's way to you shortly. :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I can't wait to see the next guy to call Ken Lay Kenny-Boy. *insert evil laughter here*

I didn't make the connection with the guy in the hatch and CIA guy until I read your entry. Shows how closely I pay attention. I did think Michael was hinky from the beginning though.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok, way too much reading to take that test!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

So, did the yarn arrive yet?

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lalalallaaalalllaa.. Not reading the Lost part. I agree with you about House. I really liked the season finale. I can't believe I have to wait all summer for a new one. Bah!

10:25 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Have you gotten 24 on DVD? Since we don't get TV here without a satellite (which we don't have) the whole office shared a DVD set and watched the latest season! No commercials - special features, and no waiting to see what happens.. but that is just us :o)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I thought that House wasn't that great, but not bad. Lost was definitely weird -- so now "Henry Gale" is the leader of the group? They're the "good guys"? Too confusing.

I never watched 24 until this year although my DH did and it was definitely a good year but dumb ending.

As for the poor deluded Enron CEOs, they probably should have gotten more. If Martha can go to jail for nothing, they should get 100 times her sentence.

6:15 PM  
Blogger pao said...

Hehe!

Enjoy the Dr Who end of season finale - its good stuff.

Its its any consolation the new series back here in blighty is darn good stuff too, David Tennant is very good indeed. mrspao says he is fit!

Seeya

pao

10:13 AM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

NAR is that anything like a D.A.R.? ;)***CV

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home