Thursday, May 11, 2006

Okay, let's see if Blogger lets me post pictures now. A week later.

See? Pretty perky kitty with the correct placement of the tail. Huh. Not that you can tell.



Isn't that a lovely, lovely cable? And lovely yarn? It is, which is why I ruthlessly frogged it after being practically done. There is no way I'd ever wear it, not only would I look like a sack in it but I'd boil to death in it, or could wear it approximately three days a year. Maybe I could make Rogue out of it.




I swear, it took almost as long to frog as it did to knit. Well, maybe not that long, but still. Long.


Not much knitting news, I've been buried in a book or two. Read Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger - great, great book, despite the fact that it has at least 3 strikes against it - it's from the perspective of a 9 year old Jewish boy, his hero is a 3rd baseman which means it's also about sports (baseball! I knew that.) and it's set in World War I. (Nothing against WWI but The History Channel has burnt me out on it).

And yet? Great book.

Then I picked up Christopher Moore's A Dirty Job (okay, my number came up at the library's hold). There were some completely hysterical parts in it. I particularly liked the bit where he was walking the hellhounds and got into it over one of the dogs names.

No washcloth. Yet. I've got the yarn though! Surprised? I was. I have a much bigger stash than I realized.

Pollack (on Crossing Jordan) (because Marji asked) is the cute reporter that Jordan was dating/shacking up with that is much more suited to her than Woody ever will be. Oh, and the reason I don't watch 24 is because they haven't killed Audrey yet. I could take it for awhile last year because of Kiefer and William Devane, but waaaaaay too much Audrey. Hate Audrey.

Tonight is Without A Trace and last night was Lost and Bones and CSI-NY and I wonder how annoyed I'm going to be by Lost this week. If Sayid's in it, not that annoyed. (I've been taping everything. Migraine has come and gone all week, but (knock on wood) gone all day today.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the kitty! So glad his tail operation was a success.

I feel the same way about Kim on 24 as you do about Audrey. Oy.

6:02 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The kitty looks so cute!

Glad to see that blogger is cooperating for you. :)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I frog whole projects as I am about the finish them too! I also frog projects after they have been seemed together. I am glad that I am not the only one!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness - I can't believe you frogged that! You are made of iron woman. Kudos to you.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

The husband doesn't "understand" frogging and reknitting the yarn & so I usually donate the stuff I know I won't wear. Less work!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

I'm betting they kill Audrey next week in the 2 hr finale - it is a 2 hr finale isn't it?
and Yes, I thought Jordan was much better with Pollack than Woody too. Can't.Stand.Woody ;)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

and what did you just frog? Was it the saddle shoulders for a FLAK? beautiful cable - but I have to say, if that cable would be too warm, why wouldn't Rogue be too warm? methinks you need a zip front hoody - or cardi - like Eris. Want to knit Eris after Eliz? I've got an Eris on the books to knit also! ;)

5:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That kitty is great!

Oh, the ripping, the ripping...

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay n ow I'm just sad, seeing that beautiful sweater frogged. Oh well I know you did what needed to be done, but oh my it was so pretty.

Love the kitty!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sorry to see the sweater go - but I understand about it being very hot - I wouldn't wear it either.

I would however suggest making a cardigan with the yarn. Might be a better choice.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose it's a sign of maturity but oh! The frogging! I don't think I could have done it.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hope the migraine stays far, far away.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerome K Jerome, O be still my heart. There's something about Three Men on a Boat that makes you wonder if perhaps time machines do happen and he hung out a whole lot with Thomas Pynchon popping tabs and trying to decide the exact colour of a lemon. So tangential, so off track, so fantabulous it makes me ache.

I love the kitten - I make similarly perky sock monsters.

1:48 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine -- and glad its been banished, for now! (knock on wood) bronchitis kept mine away for a while ;o)

pretty kitty and we get to see the perky side of him/her :o) **cringes at the frogging*

A three-clawed friend started to show up about 1 am this morning... he might make an appearance later tonight! (I ran out of grey felt)

8:29 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

must be a great book, if it convinced you despite the three strikes. the kitty is adorable, and looks so soft and cuddly!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home