Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Garter Stitch. Endless Garter stitch.

This? is what I've been doing for days. And days. And days. Garter stitch at 5.5 stitches to the inch.



It's not quite 12 inches yet because then I could decrease and shape the arms. No, there's another inch and a half to go before I get there.

Just knitting back and forth and getting nowhere. Good thing it's a shell and not a blanket or a full sized sweater and the front has that lovely 6 stitch cable feature on it, or I'd frog the darn thing now.


Elizabeth I, even at 6.75 stitches to the inch, has at least shaping and cabling and something other than the knit stitch. (okay, it's vaguely possible I threw in the Elizabeth dart shaping but that was rows and rows ago and with my luck will completely screw up the pattern). I'll be lucky if I'm done with it by the time my yarn (any yarn) shows up for the Tudor Roses KAL.

This is (part of) Sheri's backyard. Isn't it gorgeous?








Did I post a pic of the turquoise ring already? From a booth in an Art on the Streets in Walnut Creek a few weeks ago (or whatever they called it) Sica Designs out of Cazadero, CA.















I found this in my stash. I was going to make a throw for a couch except that it turns out that I absolutely cannot match colors to save my life and also - what was I thinking? Except it really does feel soooooo soft. But it looks like a dead muppet.

OMG, I have Dead Muppet yarn! The horror!















Speaking of Muppets, or TV really, NCIS season finale tonight. Tune in to see if they kill off Lauren Holly and make me happy or if you can hear my screams of anguish (and then Donald Bellisario's) if they kill off Mark Harmon.

House! DB Sweeney! I'm still mad that Strange Luck got cancelled. Possibly the season finale.

I can't remember what else is on TV. I need non-drowsy allergy pills. Nature hates me, but it's sooo pretty.

I'm asking you. Does this look the slightest bit comfortable? and geez. I need to do something with the yard. But I'm allergic to it.

15 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

beautiful ring! And yes your cat looks quite comfortable! Pretty roses too :o)

I can't find your email! Actually I could put him up reserved in my shop and choose the 'arranged' price option :o)

4:51 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Mr.Sloth

4:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I've never even seen NCIS - yet I also hope they kill off Lauren Holly. :) If she was a super hero her power would be "annoying".

5:17 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

I'm loving your garter stitch. Must be so wonderful for meditating. What yarn is that?

Lovely ring! :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Love the ring! Watching NCI now - haven't figured out which way it's going.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Can you get Claritin or Allegra or something? 'Cos really, the non-drowsy makes all the difference. Also, a glass of wine helps my allergies, but isn't so good for work...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous ring! I meant to go to that WC thing...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

That's the trouble with mail order/online purchases ... you've ordered, you've paid & then you wait & wait & wait ... D*mn all these WIPs, just give me my yarn, will you!!!

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to knit some plain garter for awhile - there's something about being in the "garter zone" that I like!

NCIS cheated - Gibbs not actually dead, just gone. Now there will be a huge crisis next season, about 3 shows in, when he'll have to come back & save the day. (I was hoping Lauren Holly would be outa there.)

House - what can I say? Love, love, love. :)

5:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My cat liek sto lay on my scissors when I'm not using them. I don't think cats understand the word "comfort".

The next chapter is still in my head. The present I gave to myself for my birthday last weekend was slack. :P

Which of course means this weekend needs to be something a bit extra....

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

The garter stitch really shows off your yarn. I know how it is though. I still haven't finished my Best Friend Jacket--it's the garter stitch thing I know.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so feel you on the allergies thing. Mine have been bad all week and I've been a thick headed, weeping eyed, tired, tired girl.

I love the ring also!

8:40 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

What is the garter stitch project you're knitting on? Don't worry Eliz I is just around the corner. I was going to say that garter stitch is easy and fun to knit when watching good tv, but what's left to watch now all the finale's are completed. It must be time to load up on those dvd's you've been meaning to watch.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

LOL, when you finish this twin set you want to consider a Hanne Falkenberg? My understanding is they are All in garter stitch.
Lovely ring.
have you considered a gardening service? Me too, I'm allergic to the yard, so dh does all the gardening around here - he's good at it too!

7:46 AM  
Blogger susoolu said...

Who knows what a cat will like, ever. And what a beautiful ring you found.

Aha, the infamous Tudor Roses KAL is about to begin - and then you will welcome plain old endless garter stitch! Just you wait!

(Seriously, cute little chincilla yarn? Which they dyed the most outrageous shade of green? Just bundle it up, and use it as a pillow.)

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home