Friday, June 23, 2006

So. Guess what my mother is up to in the suburbs?
Yup. Oregano. Really. Just when I thought my mother was going wild in her old age. Wild with herbs. She's dried them for the last few years. It's the fresh basil that I love though.



Pretty puppy, Sophie! These pix are all taken the same night so far. That puppy is such a wiggle worm! And the stupid digital cameras have taken picture taking back to the beginnings. Pose! Hold that Pose! Hold.....Hold....Hold....Keep Holding......FLASH!!! And........ugh. Try again. Wait, the camera has to......do something, who knows what. Hate that delay. Rinse & repeat.




The Red Heart Critter Blanket. Not really a Log Cabin, but I have a ton of that turqoise and not that much black. I was beginning to feel badly for the poor critter that got that blanket - it feels like a welcome mat - until Hezekiah co-opted my knitting on it last night by sleeping on it.

Now I want to make a real log cabin. Check out Monika's latest.

A statue on 4th Street in Berkeley by Spenger's, where I have to say, we had horrible service. A member of our party asked for another roll and after ignoring him initially, the waiter informed him he didn't "have time for that now"and finally came back & explained that if Lonnie got a roll it would cause a chain reaction and we'd all want rolls. Seriously. Of course, he might have been right because at that point I was dying for a 2nd roll, not that I could have eaten one.

Myteriously, Lonnie was also the last to be served. Granted, that's happened in every group banquet I've been too (the late, wrong or missing meal), but the particulars seemed suspicious. Too bad, because Spenger's used to be great. New owners, new day, I guess.


Just a window display on 4th Street that I liked

Nothing much on TV. I've got Off The Map and The Weather Man from Netlix waiting for me on DVD, not to mention season one of CSI NY that I suddenly became obsesed with. More time to finish up The Uncrowned Kings of England and Wuthering Heights. I can't believe Wuthering Heights has come down the years with the reputation of being a love story. What a miserable group of people. I'm going to have to rent the movie once I slog though the book & see if Laurence Olivier lied to me. Excpet that I do know that I read it in High School. Maybe I've always had this jaundiced view of romance. And here I thought it was all those bad marriages.


Letting sleeping cats lie.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures today, I love the man statue.

Any critter with love the blanket, they don't care what it looks like as long as they have something to lay on. And besides I think it's adorable.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your critter blanket! It looks squishy and comfy, just how they like them! Oregano? Suuuuure :-)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Glad to know that's oregano, if you know what I mean. ;-) Your critter blanket is very cute! I know what you mean about the digital cameras. We have thousands of dog and cat pictures with only half the animal in the frame. BTW, do you watch The Closer?

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm oregano huh... great animal blankie

4:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

And now you know how your mom plans to fund her retirement... ;)

The critter comforter looks cozy. And I LOVE that last, ultra-relaxed picture of H.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oregano? Dang - I thought you were going to start talking about your NEW stash. ;)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm laughing at that first picture. :-)

I just finished up Wuthering Heights (imagine, I actually finished a book in less than a month) and have to say my memory of it is very faulty. All of those characters are such miserable people!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

My husband and I just discovered The Closer when they reran the first season a couple weeks ago. We've adopted her "Thank yooooou" and say it to each other about 15 times a day.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Woah! How long is that supposed to last you? If it were reeeally oregano, one bag that size would last me years and there are at least 6 there!

That Sohie is a really charmer and I'm glad to see that Hezekiah finally approves of something ;-)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It's out of the garden. She foists it on the neighbors, along with zucchini, tomatos, basil....

8:16 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Right, I'm not gonna comment on the oregano...
But look at the puppy!
You know, the more I see of log blankets, the more I'm tempted to put one together myself with left over yarn. Yeah, and it would be the size of Mexico, what with my "leftovers".

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and photos!!! I love oregano, must be nice to get it fresh-dried from your mom. Your cat and dog pics. are adorable....

BFN, G

4:08 AM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The critter blanket is looking great - so fun! Wow, your mom must have a huge herb garden - I miss not having my herbs this year.

8:01 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

heh. Too bad on the restaurant yes - sounds like the waiter needs to get the stick out (oops, did I say that?)

Love the critter blanket - it looks like brickwork, almost! Kitties and puppies both very fluffy and adorable - my girls say they need lap time today :o)

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blanket too! Your cat and puppy are gorgeous!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mm, fresh basil. And aww, puppy. I still haven't managed to read Wuthering Heights - maybe this summer...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

ooh! I've been wanting to try out some log cabin knitting. Looks Great!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

want some fresh basil to go with the Oregano? I've got more of both than I can use!
great pics...loving your blankets.
I too can't find much of anything redeeming about WH, and can't see anything of a romance in it.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home