Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's not Friday? Are you sure?

Oh, this looks promising: Migraine Ray Gun. Of course they're roughly $500,000 at this point, but that's sure to come down. Undoubtedly it'll lead to somebody asking me if I've tried magnets for my migraines - notice how the man pictured is not only trussed up but is getting an electrical jolt? Magnets alone are not going to do it. Thank you, but go away, Well Meaning Person. And no, Advil won't do it either. Geez. I've given myself injections before the advent of Max-Alt MLT, a melt in your mouth pill. Love Max-Alt MLT. Would I do that if I could clutch a magnet or take an Advil? (Geez, I hope no one would. Eww.)
And because I actually have nothing to say and no pictures to show:




Your Band Name is:



The Pink Geishas





Well that's better. The Bad Mutha Pickles? I don't think so. All I had to do was drop the capitals. What's with the quizzes lately? They're either 147 pages of 25 questions a page or one word. Happy medium, guys. (Uh, I suppose since I have no idea of the work that goes into it, I shouldn't complain. Yeah, right.)

No progress on any knitting. Didn't even pick it up yesterday. In fact, the only thing I did yesterday was manage to bash the heck out of my thumb pulling the hall closet shut. Sure, the thing sticks like crazy while I'm trying to close it but goes like greased lightening once my thumb and the wall were in close proximity. It looks a bit like a blood blister. With any luck, it'll start to look as horrid as it feels and then I'll post a pic.

Read Book #7 Children of the Company by Kage Baker (300 pages) (HB/TBR) Another installment of the company! I think the 5th 6th in the series. It was a good quick entertaining read, but I'd rather have read about Mendoza. She was barely mentioned, other than a tidbit or two. The back story on Lewis was interesting, and having part of the story set in San Francisco at the time of the 1906 earthquake was perfect. I enjoyed the introduction of various characters and their stories and the set up of the characters of the rival factions of the immortals is promising, but what I'd like to read next is the final showdown of the Cyborgs & The Company, aka, Dr. Zeus. Not that I'm ready to be done with them all, but I'm more than ready to find out just what the heck is going on. The one truly annoying aspect of sci fi. Serials are forever.

What? You don't consider that a book review? C'mon. Cyborgs. Dr. Zeus. Rival factions. Okay, okay. The books began telling the story of Mendoza, a young girl taken from the era of the Spanish Inquisition, her mentor, Joseph and her terrible love life. They're in the employ of Dr Zeus, a secret cabal also known as The Company who have discovered time travel, and use it to collect both priceless artifacts & children that fall into certain parameters and can be made into immortal cyborgs to do the scut work. Well, maybe scut work. I personally would love to collect Shakespeare's original works, etc. Well, maybe immortal. It's a given that history can't be changed but there's no information after the year......uh 2355? Some where around there. Whoo hoo! I actually got the date right, if not the series number. CHistory can't be changed, or is it that just recorded history can't be changed? Check here for a less disjointed review.





Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence



You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convicing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.

You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.






Edited to fix all sorts of glaring spelling, grammatical and date errors.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I'm "The Heterophobic Androids" and my "Dominant Intelligence is Intrapersonal Intelligence".

Somehow, me thinks those two things do not go together.

Hope the thumb gets better soon though something tells me we might get treated to a picture before that happens.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I'm a Linguistic Intelligence of the band "Above Average Leprechauns".

We rock.

:)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hmmm, the Gagging Crybabies? I don't know if I'd like that band.

I've got Linguistic Intelligence too.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

How does the Pink Mutha Pickles sound? Ha! Those quizes are quite entertaining.
Hope your thumb doesn't interfere with your knitting -- when you have a chance to pick it up.
Is everyone finding this summer not the most conducive to picking up the needles?

3:41 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

Ooooh, I like the Pink Mutha Pickles. I rock in the Gagging Nuns myself. And of course, I have Musical Intelligence. What that means, I am not sure. So, you lika the wallpaper, no? I can send ya some. It is even more hideous in person. ;0)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

That gun looks pretty crazy!!! I don't know about pointing that at my head!!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chris: The Astro Nuns
Chaos: The Pink Pit Bulls - that's too funn - what cat would be in a band named after dogs?? :)
chaos: The Flying Convicts - now, that's more like it!

Of course, chris gives me The Plastic Eyedrops... ???

Heh, no surpirse, I got Linguistic Intelligence...

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now it's Friday!

10:51 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Oh my heavens - I'm "The Virgin Mamas" - which sounds like the kind of a group that would GIVE me a migraine -- but maybe not as bad a migraine as "The Gagging Nuns."

Looking forward to the thumb picture -

(Incidentally, the letter salad I have to type to post this is
faomegag --isn't that also a group?)

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Linguistically Intelligent, too. But I didn't know what to put for #5, "You have a huge book collection." My results are skewed, I think. I don't consider my book collection (total, not just in SF) to be huge, but others might. Compared to Colby's, mine is probably about, oh... 1/4 the size? Stupid trick questions... ;)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home