Thursday, July 06, 2006

All I Need Is About Seventy Two Hours of Sleep

Or maybe nine? Caught Restoration Comedy last night at the Caliofornia Shakespeare Festival. I'd post pictures but all they'd let me take were of the statues. Bo-ring. Well not, but still. The set this time was completely black & white and toile looking. Actually, it looked a lot better when it got dark than when it was backed up by the foothills. It was oddly enough, quite bawdy, something I should've anticipated but didn't. Not outrageously so, I just - didn't expect it for some reason. (I didn't do my play homework, that's why). The costumes were great and it was a well done production, the cast was fabulously cast.

But midnight is way too late for me. (It wasn't even midnight. It was more like 11:20 and I still feel like I've been up for days). Must be the 4th throwing me off. I woke up at my usual 5am on Wednesday and decided to go back to sleep and did. I never fall back asleep! I woke up at 9am and had to be at work by 10am. (The horror, y'know? Don't you feel for me? I stayed until almost 5pm last night too. Oh, the work ethic.) (It's the slow season).


You'll probably have to click on the photos - they're so dark! But it's two little hummingbirds sitting in the nest in the tree. You can see their little beaks (and heads).


I am so mad at Fashion Knit in Walnut Creek. I was there over the weekend, they had a sign saying they were open, I talked about it with the owner and a saleswoman and then - THEY WERE CLOSED! No sign saying they were closed either. I went back twice to check (just in case - I really needed that......er, darn circular needle) and ended up in Lafayette yesterday at Big Sky Studio where they did have a 40" circ in size 4 so I finished up the Critter Blanket last night waiting for the play to start. (I also kind of sort of bought Touch Me yarn and eyed a Berroco yarn that would be perfect for the Passage to India Knit the Classics project this month, if I actually had an actual project in mind.)

It's been weirdly deserted around here. Fourth of July is usually picnics & parades and there's normally hecka foot & car traffic bustling about doing just that, but the roads were practically empty. There were people out & about, mind you. But there was also parking. Everyone went out of town? Waaaay out of town?

Look! A puppy! She's getting big. (So BFF says, but she still looks baby puppy tiny to me. She also grabbed the Critter Blanket and dragged it under the table - more like a toy than a blanket. I had to rescue it, if only because I had 4 shortish circs in it. (What? I couldn't buy a long one. I improvised. I didn't even think of it until after I got back from my yarn store search. I'm an idiot). (But the long one was much, much easier. When (if)it's done blocking, I'll post a pic before I pop it into the mail to Rebekah.



Oh, I should link all this. But I'm tired. Is it 4 yet? 3:30? I came in late, why didn't I take a long lunch before I went home early? Now I can't leave early unil later.

12 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

The Critter Blanket is looking good. Is it for your critters? The puppy sure has grown up!

Hope you get that much-needed sleep.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hope you get some rest tonight.

You kind of sort of bought some Touch Me yarn? I love that stuff, but it's kind of expensive.

4:12 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

eep 72 hours? We were watching 'Monk' the other day on dvd and both of us burst out laughing when he said 'If I don't get my 45 minutes of sleep I just won't be able to function.'

Puppyness! Sweet puppyness ;o)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

At least it was a good reason for losing some sleep! I stayed up and watched a re-run of the 4400 last night. I swear - that Isabelle character is so stupid. I hope Tom does kill her.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

How do you sort of buy something? And did I somehow miss the big unveiling of the Shell?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hey, that's right, where is the Shell!!? ;)

Look at the wee puppy!!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

I can just see Marlon Brandon whispering "the horror"

5:37 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's always nice to get a critter's opinion on the critter blanket, isn't it?! Sounds like it passed, too.

Um, why bother blocking it? It's going to be horribly mistreated throughout its life...

More detail on the sort of Touch Me Yarn, please...

6:51 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Hope you get caught up on sleep. The 4th has me all goofed up too. Such a cute puppy!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the puppy is getting big! I just lvoe puppies, I want a puppy.

Hope you get lots and lots and lots of rest!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, hummers! i LOVE them!

got..to..finish..my...critter...blanket...*yawn*

ok, have you watched any of Blade the series on Spike yet?

seriously off-topic. sry. sleep-deprived here, too. lol

1:52 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

That is one cute puppy!

Hope you got that nap!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home