Thursday, July 13, 2006

Random Babbling .(I've actually used this title before. Huh.)

Pretty painted rock at the Orinda Shakespeare Festival park.

Look what came in the mail! At last. Only two months later. It feels like twine. Not going to be a tank top, I'll tell you that much.

Look what came in the mail! Bless you, Marji. (There were more but they've scampered off to good homes).

See, I am sewing the final Critter Blanket. (I'm backing it because it's awful! I can't decide how disturbed I should be that I continued to knit it as badly as it was started. Oh well. Consistency. Never had it before, might as well go with it now.) I found an unbelievable number of sewing UFO's in the sewing room, a nightgown that only needs the sleeves sewn on and a polarfleece jacket that needs to be lined, the sleeves sewn on and hemmed. (The others need more).


Actual completed Critter Blankets waiting for their companion.


The Shell. Both shoulder seams sewn! Neither side seam sewn. I-cord neckline not even attempted yet. (The sides aren't sewn! Jeepers.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hempathy will likely soften up after you wash it a few times. You could always do a swatch and wash it to find out. After you're done with all those UFOs, that is! Good work on the critter blankets!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well hemp IS used for twine so that makes sense. Suppsedly it softens up. Let us know. :) You can be the guinea pig. :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you rocked on the critter comforters!

Hee hee, you don't want to wear a hemp tank of torture?!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Maybe sweaters made from Hempathy are the modern form of the "hair shirt."

7:01 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

And who said that you weren't the finishing type. What a good little knitter you've been getting wip's finished.

I love the Hempathy. My friend just knitted one of the Lavold tops from her hempathy book and don't be distracted by the feel of it from the ball, it was very soft and she loves it. Very cool and airy. I would say the perfect yarn for a tank top, although you may want to use some "knitters helper" to make sure it glides easy through your hands.

I love the books from Marji. I've read a few of them. I have mixed feelings on Irvings widow for a year book, but then I'm not the biggest John Irving fan. However, I love Sharon Kay Penman.

Happy reading and knitting.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Aww...look at all the warm and comfy blankies! Makes me want to go for a nap...

:)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

You are cranking out those critter blankets! Eeew, twine tank; just thinking about it makes me itch.

6:31 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Nice stash of books. I love your critter blankets!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home