Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Although I've heard it called other things.

No reason, not my pic, but c'mon. Cute baby pandas in a row. What's not to love?






Happy Birthday, Amanda!


The Summer Reading Challenge/Program is almost over. It doesn't look like I'm going to meet my challenge of 26 books but I did read mostly library books and I think I even managed a few from my TBR stack. I was surprised to find out how slowly I read non fiction, and really, how much "other" reading I do. Magazines. The newspaper. The net.

Ooooh. I've got a kitty on my lap. She's doing that hanging-off-my-leg-from-her shoulder-and-flexing-and-pointing-her-paw bit. It's so cute. And so odd to finally have a lap cat. Oh. She's also shedding like crazy. When is summer going to be over?

10 Comments:

Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Very cute panda. I agree.

Are you not watching Project Runway this season? Are you going to give us your reviews on this fall's new shows?

Maybe you could rank the show with the level of complexity of knitting that can be achieved while watching the show. You know, intense shows could be simple sock rating, dull mindless comedy could be intricate orenburg lace.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Cute pandas.

I think any extra reading you do is good reading! :0)

8:27 AM  
Blogger slowknitter said...

I agree; any number of books read is a good number whether planned or not.

I was too easily distracted from my planned summer reading, substituted other titles that suggested themselves. Don't think I came anywhere near 26, should check my finished list and do a count.

Kitties and pandas; what could be cuter?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Awwww...widdle pandas...

I agree - any reading is good reading! I'm more of a non-fiction girl myself. I can race through a really good one in no time. I'm very picky when it comes to fiction though.

9:35 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Pandas are irresistible!

And good work Hez, you finally got the lap cat thing down! :o) Your fluffiness will really be appreciated now ;o)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Panda goodness!

And a lap cat is a valuable thing!

3:33 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Pandas have long been one of my favorites! My participation in the Summer Reading Challange was close to non-existent.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pandas!! Cute!

Hee hee, you should SEE the stack of magazines I have, since I pushed them aside for the SRP...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I saw a raft of those panda photos recently and wanted a few around the house... better than kitties while still small... ok, I accidentally hit the Tudor Roses group first, but now can't find anything recent about your Liz... what's up with that?! I will have to look for info about the collection - everyone's photos were so amazing.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

26 books! Now that is an impressive goal. I don't know if I'll reach that by the end of the year even...

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home