Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cleo Might Not Be A Leo

Cleo might not be a Leo but she's 24 years old! I found out where she lives and her real name. Cleo. That's actually a perfect name for her, I wish I'd thought of it. I told Hezekiah she's just going to have to suck it up, once you hit 24 you get to go wherever you want.




Speaking of going wherever you want, that's Laci's Museum of Lace and Textiles in Berkeley. I love that place. Nooks, books, patterns, ribbon, thread, not to mention old wedding gowns, fabric.....it is amazing. It's not even all that big.





They've got the knight and his fair lady flanking the door as you walk in. (You might have to click on the picture to see the knight riding the horse clearly. His Lady is across from him and not in the picture. )



Score at Skein Lane. The sale's only been going on since July 27th and already the place looks terribly empty. But all Rowan 50% off? Yowza. I bought chunky yarn destined to be mittens, and in the bowl, yarn for an oversized pullover out of the Knitter's Magazine issue #72. The single colored yarn is a light gray. Like the sky outside this morning. Fog! Yay, fog.




We're all agreed. It's A finished object, an FO (initials) and a foe. Once upon a time I knew the rules behind that. I'm reading, Language Visible by David Sacks that tells the history behind our alphabet. It was a column, so each letter gets its own chapter. It's pretty amazing, partly because I'd never gave it much thought. The Greeks picked it up from the Phoenicians, or was that the Etruscans? Either way, not a similar language at all, and yet the alphabet was able to adapt.

Oh! I got the idea for the Panzanella Salad from a pic and a description from Aurora, so she should have the actual recipe. I'd never heard of it either. It's so good though.

Y'know, it's much too early for my coffee to be playing horrible tricks on me. First, I overfill the coffee grounds so the water overflows and spills coffee all over the coffee maker and the counter. Then the lid isn't snapped on the coffee pot securely so it throws itself into the sink, spilling coffee all over the counter and my hand. And then it's not even that hot, which is good news for my hand, but lukewarm coffee? Bah.

Need more coffee to cope with this.


Happy Birthday JustJoan,
Tabitha and Mary Jo!

Edited to add: The Princess of Quite a Lot is two today! (Jennifer of Craftylily's daughter).


Think it's too early to call Mary Jo and sing Happy Birthday to her? After *cough*choke*sputter* years (since Kindergarden)..........she'll probably let the answering machine take the call.

7 Comments:

Blogger AmyArtisan said...

Your new yarns look great! I hope to post my Stitches haul soon. :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I hope you got that coffee situation under control! Yikes.

Lots of fun new yarns! Cleo is 24?! That's absolutely amazing...

11:36 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

You're mean! Pennsyl goes wherever he wants to go and when the husband is away, he even gets to stay out in the dark and he's only 13(?).

I'ld love to go to Laci's one day but husband says we ain't going back to CA. At least until he forgets that they gave him a parking ticket!

4:56 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I remember the a/an article situation as "an" before all words that start with a vowel or a vowel sound. It's "a" in all other instances.

The alphabet book sounds interesting. **CV

6:42 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Cleo is 24?! Wow! She looks good still though.

Great yarn haul!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Wow, 24?! She's like, the Yoda of Cats...

Hey, aren't you missing a birthday mention?!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Cleo is so beautiful and 24!!! that is so wonderful.

The Mitz is 18 and just like a kitten still so Im thinking she might make it into the Guinness book yet, shows no sign of slowing down!!!

Thanks for visiting Veggies...today, Huggs, G

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home