Sunday, July 30, 2006

Mermaid on the Beach

Isn't that spectacular? I love sand sculpture. I took the pic the last trip out and she was gone last week. Not to the ocean though, she was right off Ocean Ave. I think the sculptures are the Carmel version of playing music on streetcorners for money. Gorgeous, gorgeous work.

I spent most of my time at the beach last week reading and staring at the ocean. No camera, no knitting. Just me, a book and a towel so I could walk the shoreline and then flop down & read. And not have to worry about my purse, a chair, etc, etc. It was fun, but it was too short.

And was the weather perfect for Lambstown or what? It was something like 82 degrees, I heard. That's practically frigid for Dixon in July. Too bad I missed it. I almost drove there from Carmel since I left about noon.

Ohh, GRRR! Blogger just managed to eat most of my post. Fine.

Hugh Laurie is on Bravo at 8pm tonight on whatever James Lipton's interview show is called. The Closer is on at 9pm.

13 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Wow - beautiful sand sculpture. I love that sort of art.

Log cabin is bright and beautiful!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous mermaids!

And wandering along with just a book and a towel and an ocean to look at sounds heavenly.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oooo, Hugh Laurie... We just finished watching the first season of House on DVD. Love him! I think Lipton's show is Inside the Actor's Studio.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

The colours of your log cabin blanket are spectacular! I love it!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Love the rainbow log cabin!! Very cool sand sculptures, too.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Oooo, nice & bright! No wonder the mermaid had to wear sunglasses ;-)

You know I'm kidding, right? 'Cos those are mostly my favourite colours!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great mermaid & love the log cabin. The colors are terrific for this time of year!

L-O-V-E Huge Laurie! too bad don't get that channel...oh well episodes of House will have to do!

Blogger ate just 1 too many of my posts...hence the move to wordpress.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

That sculpture is amazing! And your blanket is looking fantastic!

2:59 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

A book & the beach sound like a winning combination! Glad to hear that you had a lovely time!

3:09 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Oh Wow someone put a lot of time and talent into those sculptures! Your log cabin is looking bright and pretty :o)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That mermaid is so cool! And your log cabin is the cheeriest thing I've seen all day.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

love the mermaid. and your log cabin.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Pretty cool mermaid!! I love CA!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home