Friday, August 04, 2006

August Babies



Happy Birthday to the August Birthday Swap babies: 8/2 Kristina (I'm not sure that link works.)
August 3rd Rebecca
August 4th, Jes

and today's August Baby (the 5th) Martha

And I don't think that CarrieScribe got into the August Birthday Swap, but her birthday was August 1st.

Happy Birthday fellow August babies!

(and why yes, I've made a HUGE deal of my birthday in the past. I once put up a countdown in my office at work about 3 months before the Big Day. (Not a milestone birthday, just one of them) This was back when I worked for Faceless Corporation That Does TOO Care About Your Health! But Mostly Your Payments.)


Click here to play Make-A-Word word game, and TRY to score better!Click here to play Make-A-Word word game, and TRY to score better!

Okay, that's the best I could do. I mean, ever. Once, each. So far. I'm terrible at this game! but it's fun.


This stitch pattern didn't work out in this cotton yarn - it's another twinset shell. That yarn and that stitch pattern would be better than suited to a jacket - it was THICK - but I think it would be a PERFECT stitch for a scarf in the Touch Me yarn. With fringe.

Today my goal (and I can't believe I've said "my goal" - I hate that kind of thing! We're so structured. All this leisure time we've been given with the invention of labor saving devices and we fill up our days with appointments more than ever. )

Ahem. But today, I really, really, really REALLY want to finish the I cord edging on The Shell's armholes! It fits and the weather is perfect for it right now. I did invisibly cast on the first four stitches.........but then I came into the computer room.......and now it's an hour and a half later. Ergh.


R has decided that these are the socks she likes, from the new Vogue Knitting. Nicky Epstein is the designer. I love her stuff.

Wow, they have a LOT of socks in that issue! There are even a few sweaters I wouldn't mind making.

10 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

i see you are deep into your training. the game is a HUGE time drain, just b/c you want to keep doing better. I'm still just at 'master' level, and I need to find out what the next level is called!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Sometimes, I just read through blogs and if they have links, I read those, then if they have links, I read those, etc. I love to just blogsurf. Especially the knit blogs. Happy Birthday on the fourteenth!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

OK, those socks do rock. The socks in the whole issue are fabulous!

And hey, I'm waiting for that I-cord edging too...

5:57 PM  
Blogger sillyewe said...

Oh my God!! I HAVE to get that issue right now. All the socks look so great. Happy Birthday! :0)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy early birthday. :) (I can't even be witty, I'm just too tired.)

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, I was quite impressed with the latest Vogue!

PQL's 2nd birthday is coming up in a week too! August babies are awesome. :-)

8:29 AM  
Blogger al said...

ooh i like those socks. if only i made socks. or did intarsia. or had high-heel booties.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

There's an awful lot of us August babies in KnitBlogLand, aren't there?

I didn't join the swap because of budget issues, but my birthday is the 7th. :)

Happy Birthday to you, to me, and to all of us Augusts!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Thorny said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Carrie! BTW, my August Swap pal Jen's birthday was also the 4th (http://lovetobikeandknit.blogspot.com/).

And a happy early b-day to you as well!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Sniff, sniff--you missed my birthday on the 4th ;o)

Cool idea linking to everyone who is in the August Birthday swap. I had a blast shopping for Chrissy--her birthday is Friday, btw. She should be getting her package any day now.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home